Center diff automatic??

hoser

Explorer
Traction control but not atrac. It's just a lower form for the street, it's not vsc either, and also the anti lock brakes are still active at all times if you do the pin 7 mod. 2000+ got vsc and atrac and lost the locker
Can you elaborate... perhaps with a link to some reference? You have a '99 North American Land Cruiser 100 series, correct?

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
I could be wrong, but I thought the light would only come on if there is a problem with the system? Since unlike the 4Runner/Tacoma/fj the 100 series does not have selectable atrac I thought

Well, I don't know if comes on only when needed, I've yet to be in a situation where its needed to come on. I don't see any place to turn the atrac off though.

mph

Expedition Leader
my light burnt out...but it comes on...press the button and take a tight turn in gravel...do you feel, hear the tires bite? then you have the center on...

Go4Lo

Explorer
Well, I don't know if comes on only when needed, I've yet to be in a situation where its needed to come on. I don't see any place to turn the atrac off though.

The ATRAC light only flashes when the system is use. You can also feel it pulsating as the abs system is attempting to divert power away from the wheel(s) that have lost traction when the vehicle is articulated. No way to turn the system off in the 100 series.

FYI - CDL can be engaged in 4HI or 4LO in the later model 100s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach