Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Yep! I was checking a couple of times per day most days since spring and finally got a 43 qt.
Persistence and crossed fingers will eventually pay off.
Enjoy!

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Nice, I was considering the 80 qt but I feel like it might be too big. I might just go in between and get a 63qt. Hopefully a 63 or a 43 comes up soon!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
That 80 quart is huge, far more than you need unless you have 4-6 people eating out of it for a week. I would save up for a dual zone fridge/freezer if you have that kind of space to use.

trasko

Adventurer
I find the 43 quart is plenty if you're conscious with what goes in. It takes up a ton of room. Look up the specs and mock it out w/ cardboard. I think the 63 qt would be fine, too, but 80 seems ludicrous.

Texan1983

Adventurer
the size might be an issue. but we will see...

we are looking to do longer trips with basically 7 people (4 adults 3 kids, two trucks)

If to big for me it will go to my buddy with 3 kids. most trips we have used 4 coolers and ice last maybe a week. getting old to haul out all the coolers to open the sleeping area...

Thinking about removing the rear seats all together to mount it in the back and still have room for two dogs. but not sure what fits yet...

will be here in a few days. cant wait!

Cobra_R

Adventurer
The 43 Qts are available again. Just placed an order but when I added the fridge to my cart it only gave me a 15% discount instead of the advertised 50%. I purchased it anyway and sent them an email, hopefully they can adjust the order price or give me a partial refund or something.

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
I'd take a screen shot and call a rep today to discuss.

Also don't forget the Welcome10 code. See if they can add that when you talk to them.

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Gave them a call and they said the 43 QT is backordered but when they get them back in they'd be willing to honor the $199.99 price point.

samer0214

I know that the 43qt is a great deal, but I'm personally getting bored waiting for one, and I never get notified when they become available. When they do become available, it's generally only one or two. I've decided to move on, and purchase one of the other "major" brands out there, albeit at a much more expensive price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texan1983

Adventurer
well it arrived today!

very surprised at it only having one small dent, and overall it seems like a quality unit.

and even with a quick test fit looks like it is going to work great!

1stDeuce

Explorer
Wow, that thing is HUGE!! I was thinking it would make a nice secondary chest freezer, which it obviously would, but I think I'll continue to watch for a 40 or 60 quart version... :)

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
Wow, that thing is HUGE!! I was thinking it would make a nice secondary chest freezer, which it obviously would, but I think I'll continue to watch for a 40 or 60 quart version... :)

I almost went with the 80qt because it seemed so close in size to the 63qt. 2.5 inches taller, pretty much the same same width, and just under 1 inch deeper.
Looks like the 63qt gains volume over the 43qt through width, while the 80qt gains over the 60qt by being taller and a little deeper.

80qt External Dimensions: 23 6/16" H x 28 3/16" W x 18 12/16" D

63qt: External Dimensions: 20 11/16" H x 28 1/8" W x 17 7/8" D

43qt External Dimensions: 20 13/16" H x 24 11/16" W x 17 11/16" D

If you want to gauge the size of the 63, you can check out my pics from an earlier post.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/23350-Cheap-Fridge-lt-400-shipped?p=1908593#post1908593

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333