Cheapest Tires, Nationwide Service

Derek G

Observer
I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to figure this one out, but once I found out which tires I was going to get I started shopping around and found a solution to my two biggest concerns: Price and service when traveling.

I found 275/65/18 Duratracs ranging from $289 to $244. The lowest price tires were close to my house in TX, but they had limited stores in the areas I travel the most, in and around Colorado and the 4 Corners.

I would hate to purchase a tire protection plan when my most likely place to need it would be someplace I couldn't use it.

Wal Mart as we know has shops everywhere, but their tires were priced at $277. Solution: Wal Mart Price match. I picked up 4 Duratracs for $244 a piece, saved a total of $160 dollars with the mail in rebate and now have the assurance that I can get a tire replaced/fixed more quickly and easily with the protection warranty when I'm thousands of miles from home.:coffeedrink:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Discount Tire is pretty common throughout most of the West as well. That's who I normally get mine from. Discount tires will also adjust their prices if you ask them.

Derek G

Observer
Discount tire had the lowest quoted price at $244. I've bought all my tires for all of my vehicles there. The closest discount tire to the place where this truck spends most of its time on and off road is about 4+ hrs away.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Discount Tire, and Costco of course. Pretty sure both cover duratrac and published prices are on their sites. Discount Tire will negotiate, within reason...

deadbeat son

Explorer
Discount Tire, and Costco of course. Pretty sure both cover duratrac and published prices are on their sites. Discount Tire will negotiate, within reason...

And neither store can be found in rural America, hence the OPs post. I'm admittedly anti-Wal-Mart, but he makes a valid point.

bfdiesel

Explorer
The Wal Mart in my rural town is not allowed to carry tires amoung other things. It is part of a contract with our chamber of commerce to keep local businesses from getting exterminated. Basically that wont help you in all cases. Personally I try to stick with a popular size tire for the long distance vehicle so I have a better chance of finding one if needed.

Derek G

Observer
The Wal Mart in my rural town is not allowed to carry tires amoung other things. It is part of a contract with our chamber of commerce to keep local businesses from getting exterminated. Basically that wont help you in all cases. Personally I try to stick with a popular size tire for the long distance vehicle so I have a better chance of finding one if needed.

That would be ideal, however the tire wheel combo for my vehicle isn't that popular and I don't have a lot of choices in size. Maybe a dual rear tire carrier is in order.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Amazon was selling 255 85 R16 BFG KM2s for $219 a piece on Prime, which means free 2 day shipping, and it was also cheaper than anyone else. Unfortunately they're back up to $238, but that's still with free 2 day shipping.

Derek G

Observer
Amazon was selling 255 85 R16 BFG KM2s for $219 a piece on Prime, which means free 2 day shipping, and it was also cheaper than anyone else. Unfortunately they're back up to $238, but that's still with free 2 day shipping.

Im a Prime member. Lowest I could find the Duractrac in was around $300!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal