Check out the rare ford I just bought and conversion question

rebar

Adventurer
Thanks.. A Cummins E350 was my dream as well.

This is the only pic I have now. First gear is a inch or two off your hip.

I like the look of these 265/75-16 BFG A/Ts

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Does that require crossmember modification? When you spec 4" lift is that from the center of the spindle to the body, so that the van sits 4" higher on the same wheels/tires after conversion? How much up travel is there between ride height and full bump and what is the total suspension travel? Do you know what a Quigley has it terms of travel? Thanks!

Yes, all of the conversions require engine x-member mods until you get higher than 8" of lift. Correct, the lift doesn't factor in the wheels/tires. The 4" has about 6" of overall travel, split between bump and droop. I like the 6" kit better, that extra 2" makes a big difference. The Q vans have about 2" of up travel. Another benefit to my 6" kit is that it has a tighter turning radius (we can use a longer pitman arm) and we can also fit the trac bar kit with crossover steering.

rebar

Adventurer
Is it possible you can put up a picture of were the shifter is in relation to your hand while driving. By the way this van is my dream van. Congrats.

I just returned with my van yesterday and I'm and happy with my purchase even though it needs some improvements. It accelerates strong 20 psi, and the shifting is fast, and often in town. Turbo, injectors, and pump recently replaced. I ran 75-80 most of the way and hardly any extra throttle needed up average Iowa grades. Geared higher, it could drive faster but the gearing is low. 85 was spinning a bit to fast for my liking even though it would jump to that speed easy with 3/4 throttle. Never floored it. I haven't had time to look at the van much since my basement flooded a inch while I was en-route and the wife couldn't figure out how to tap the float switch of the sump pump free. But I did get pics of the shifter and peddles and will say the shifter could use a touch of straightening because second gear taps the seat belt buckle when shifted. Its close to your hip if your my size. All the other gears are easy. The clutch felt perfect. Linkage looks custom but not sure.

Like I said.. I'm psyched out and feel like I lucked out on this van. Now I can justify spending the money I saved.

Last edited:

rebar

Adventurer
I snapped a few pics of the engine and a vid while I was changing out the fuel filter. After changing all fluids/filters, and rebuilding the D60. The van will remain this way until I find a 96-98 cummins donor truck and then the slow process will begin.

rebar

Adventurer
That's stuffed in there!! What's the noise like when your driving?

Thanks,
Chris
The engine has plenty of room. Its the accessories..

Its not quiet.. Removing and installing new better insulation would be a real ***** with the engine in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach