Chevrolet offering serious off-road performance parts for the ZR2 in 2019, never seen this kind of OEM support

emulous74

Not only is GM giving the ZR2 some love with their partnership with AEV on the ZR2 Bison. The 2019 Accessories Catalog has been posted and there is about 21K worth of performance parts strictly for the ZR2.
I'd love to see some other OEMs offering this kind of stuff. Jeep is close.

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/d...-pdfs/2019-Chevrolet-Colorado-Accessories.pdf

Yes, I realize they are priced extremely high, but the breadth is amazing. I'm sure there will be some dealers selling these below MSRP.

DESERT-TOUGH TO DUST THE COMPETITION.
A new lineup of true factory off-road racing parts is ready to elevate the capabilities of Colorado ZR2 even further. The outcome of decades of off-road racing expertise, they’re developed by engineers and racers as passionate about performance as you are. Over 10,000 combined off-road race and development miles are proof that the Hall Racing Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 — and the Chevrolet Performance Parts that power it — have made the grade.

“...Here you have a manufacturer offering legitimate trophy-truck-style off-road parts for their production truck.”
Chad Hall, Driver — Hall Racing Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
They include:
REAR DIFFERENTIAL COVER
The Chevrolet Performance ZR2 Rear Differential Cover is precision-machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum, created for 2017–19 ColoradoZR2 models and intended exclusively for off-road use. It provides a robust mounting platform for the Anti-Wrap Bar System and looks great doing it, thanks to the clear anodized finish and unique Chevrolet Performance logo plate. Can be used with the optional Anti-Wrap Link System (P/N 84402369)or alone.
P/N: 84401895 MSRP: $687.50.

LONG TRAVEL LEAF SPRING SYSTEM
The Chevrolet Performance ZR2 Long Travel Leaf Spring System is an optimized single-rate leaf spring that replaces the stock ZR2 Dual-Rate Spring. The spring design relocates the rear axle for a better system-directed path of the rear tire to center in the rear wheelhouse in extreme travel conditions. The spring system also increases the rear ride height approximately 30mm to allow for a typical off-road payload to be carried during off-road events. Overall suspension travel is increased up to 11"when paired with Long Travel Rear DSSV shocks, P/N 84402367. A direct bolt-on, the system includes both rear leaf springs, longer off-road shackles and all mounting fasteners.
P/N: 84402368 MSRP: $3,062.50.

ANTI-WRAP LINK SYSTEM
Help prevent axle wrap under acceleration, braking and suspension articulation when using a single-rate leaf spring pack. A direct bolt-on to V6-equipped 2017+ Colorado ZR2 models, the system includes a front frame attachment, anti-wrap bar with bushing and sealed rod end bearing, a differential cover bracket, and mounting fasteners. Requires the available Rear Differential Cover (P/N 84401985) and Long Travel Rear Leaf Spring system (84402368).
P/N: 84402369 MSRP: $1,125.00.

1.5-INCH BODY LIFT SYSTEM
Increase front and rear fender clearance to accommodate popular off-road tire options. With 16 body spacers, impact beam, parking brake, and rear bumper relocation brackets, bed spacer blocks, a rear bumper step spacer, and a set of intake spacers, plus fastener hardware, the system is a direct bolt-on for 2017–19 Colorado ZR2 V6 models.
P/N 84429026 MSRP: $687.50.

FRONT OR REAR JOUNCE SHOCK SYSTEM
Front or Rear Jounce Shock Systems (sold separately) incorporate nitrogen-charged secondary suspension bump shocks developed for off-road racing and rock crawling. Designed specifically for 2017+ Colorado ZR2 models intended exclusively for off-road use, they greatly enhance gross vehicle motion control, increase suspension capacity, and provide exponential bottoming protection for extreme off-road conditions. Complete front or rear bolt-on systems include Jounce Shocks for each side, required mounting brackets and all required fasteners. For the Rear Jounce Shock System, Chevrolet Performance recommends pairing with the Cross Car Beam System (P/N 84403779) for all V6-equipped off-road applications. Requires Leaf Spring Mount Jounce Striker Pads (P/N
84422116 MSRP: $1,560), available separately.
Front P/N: 84403780 MSRP: $1,187.50. Rear P/N: 84422546 MSRP: $1,462.50.

CROSS CAR BEAM SYSTEM
Designed to increase the rigidity of 2017+ Colorado ZR2 rear frame assemblies, the system helps counteract loads from the ZR2 Rear Jounce Shock System. Recommended for pairing with the ZR2 Rear Jounce Shock System (P/N 84422546), the system includes the beam assembly, end plates, and required fasteners. Not available for diesel ZR2 models.
P/N: 84403779 MSRP: $531.25.

STEEL DRIVESHAFT
Install superior resistance to impact damage, compared to the production aluminum 2017-2019 Colorado ZR2 driveshaft during extreme off-road and rock crawling events. Reduced 1/2 inch from the production aluminum driveshaft, this 3 1/2-inch diameter steel shaft features a .083-inch wall thickness, allowing for increased clearance over obstacles and improved packaging with other off-road suspension components. Delivered assembled with 1350 U-joints. Maximum driveshaft speed: 5000 rpm.
P/N: 84401894 MSRP: $518.75.

HIGH ANGLE UPPER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINT SYSTEM
A direct replacement for the production parts, this system enables increased upper Ball Joint articulation for increased front suspension travel and increases cross-car articulation by up to 18%. A sealed design helps prevent water intrusion and a dust boot helps keep dirt and dust out of the joint. Includes front upper control arms, control arm bolts and nuts, and new ball joint nuts for a direct bolt-on installation.
P/N: 84402363 MSRP: $437.50.

BALL SPLINE HALF SHAFTS
Fixed Double Offset Joint Ball Spline Half Shafts allow for larger joint angles compared to production half shafts, accommodating lifted or leveled 2017+ Colorado ZR2 models. Featuring fixed inner and outer joints and center bar plunging, these half shafts enhance articulation while reducing feedback
forces through the steering system during hard cornering and landings. Designed and validated for severe duty off-road use where speeds and
loading conditions are pushed to extremes, the system includes both Ball Spline Half Shafts and wheel nuts.
P/N: 84429060 MSRP: $4,000.00.

TIE ROD SLEEVE SYSTEM
This affordable solution for 2017+ Colorado ZR2 owners provides increased buckling strength for handling increased loads and suspension travel during
severe duty off-road and race conditions. Tested in extreme conditions, the Tie Rod Sleeve System is a direct addition into the factory ZR2 steering system.
P/N: 84419134 MSRP: $156.25.

FRONT OR REAR LONG-TRAVEL DSSV SHOCKS
Designed specifically for long travel off-road race applications by Chevrolet Performance and Multimatic, the Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve Front Shocks provide up to a 15% increase in overall suspension travel (up to 10% for rear shocks when paired with the available Performance ZR2 Rear Long Travel Leaf Spring System, P/N 84402368) on 2017+ Colorado ZR2 models. Front shocks feature a 18mm-thick rod diameter (16mm for rear shocks) to accommodate higher side loads, high temp seals to handle higher shock temperatures, stronger Heim joint lower attachments and optimized spool valve tuning. Front shocks also feature a threaded shock body to allow for ride height adjustments via the lower spring seat. The front system includes both front shocks, top mounts, upper and lower rate washers, upper spring seats, dust boots and mounting fasteners. Does not include front springs. Requires High-Angle Upper Control Arm Ball Joint System (P/N 84402363) and Plunging Ball Spline Half Shaft System (P/N 84401893).
Rear shocks feature high temp seals to handle higher shock temperatures. The rear system includes both rear shocks and mounting fasteners.
Front P/N: 84402367 MSRP: $4,187.50. Rear P/N: 84402366 MSRP: $3,875.00.

The Chevrolet Performance ZR2 Off Road Performance Parts listed here are intended for off road use.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Tax and installation extra. See dealer for details.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Wow, all that and you still get to pay them to fix your truck after the airbag deploys on a dirt road. Sounds like a solid deal.

Sarcasm aside, most of this just seems like a ploy to get people to spend stupid amounts of money for negligible performance increases.

30 whole millimeters of added travel is not impressive especially at that high of a price point.

I’m sure the aftermarket will step up and offer better performance at a quarter of the cost and 2x the strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
They should double the prices so fans can rave that there's $42k in aftermarket parts available. Honor your warranty for defective airbags or go out of business. (again)

dif cover: $100-200 3/8 & 1/4 plate steel,
triple bypass king 3.0: $1000
king 2.5: $350

And the tie rod sleeves and slip spline half shafts should have been stock. I see upper control arms for $400. Nothing else. Some of those prices are within reach of custom race shops.

Last edited:

rkj__

Adventurer
No doubt, the pricing is very high, but I still think it is very cool that GM is coming forward with this level of performance parts. The OEM and aftermarket support the current ZR2 is seeing, is an extreme contrast to the limited offerings for the first gen Colorado, or even the S10.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I believe the OEM replacement Kings for my '17 250 are $700 a pair at Filthymotorsports.com. I'll check.

ETA: Darn, went up in price. $450ish a pop.
http://www.filthymotorsports.com/King_OEM_Super_Duty_Shocks_p/king-25001-136.htm
Yeah, I got what you're saying now. The $905 is the base price for a pair of smooth body shocks. That is more in line with what I was thinking. Honestly, I misinterpreted your statement to mean you could get a set of King coil overs for that kind of money. You're looking at least $1k for a pair of any of the major 2.5" threaded shock with a spring on it. That would be without a remote reservoir, too.
Standard mount smoothies are $330, if you know your valving specs.
http://www.filthymotorsports.com/2_0_King_Smoothie_Shocks_p/king-pr20ss.htm
Those are also 2.0 shocks.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The 2.5's for my truck are remote res, for $900ish. I might add the comp adjuster, so I can add a hair of comp for a winch later. Still $2000 for shocks, and another $1000 later for hy bumps later, is a pita.

Still waiting for Stage3 to get Fox ACS steering dampers in. $450.

Coil overs cost me some travel, so I won't use them. They don't offer a solid axle anything anyways.

Dalko43

Explorer
This is MSRP. Market demand will dictate the actual prices.

And to be fair to GM, even if the MSRP's are a little wacky, it is cool to see them offering performance offroad parts (I assume some of which were derived from their racing program). I wish Toyota would do something similar.

Watt maker

The prices are ridiculous but I do think it's cool to see this kind of factory support. It would be nice if GM would come out with a legitimate fix for the air bags randomly going off or at the very least warranty them when they do go off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179