Chinook Pop-Top 4x4 on newer '93 Toyota chassis - $33k

rawtoxic

I would sport that before most vans. But I'm a truck guy. Not sure how great the price is, I guess you're paying for it's uniqueness.

plh

Explorer
what a joke, hacked up Chinook on an average truck. People will pay for anything (guess its not sold yet though).

highwest

what a joke, hacked up Chinook on an average truck. People will pay for anything (guess its not sold yet though).
Why do you think it’s a hack job? I agree the price is high… but I’ve been floored by what’s selling these days.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
You think the price is high? Find another 4x4 Toyota Chinook or Sunrader. Those things are unicorns.

I'd already have this one if it had better provisions for a 3rd family member.

plh

Explorer
Why do you think it’s a hack job? I agree the price is high… but I’ve been floored by what’s selling these days.

Looks like they really took a lot of time slapping that interior together :-\ Its basically an old Chinook shell dropped on a pickup chassis.

jbohar47

I don’t see any evidence of “hack job.”

I’d rather have this than a FWC or other glorified sheds I’ve seen selling for $50+

inorganic

This was my neighbor's car and we helped him build it. Used a neighbor's fork lift to remove the shell from an old chinook, extended the frame of the '93 toyota and dropped it on. The neighborhood lovingly nicknamed it 'Warchild' (point break reference y'all). This vehicle is unique, dependable and fun.

~1yr ago when he sold it to a guy out in CA we were all shocked, but life moves on. The current asking price of $34.5k is absolutely absurd and grossely grossely over what it was sold for.

Karma is a mirror....

Westward

This was my neighbor's car and we helped him build it. Used a neighbor's fork lift to remove the shell from an old chinook, extended the frame of the '93 toyota and dropped it on. The neighborhood lovingly nicknamed it 'Warchild' (point break reference y'all). This vehicle is unique, dependable and fun.

~1yr ago when he sold it to a guy out in CA we were all shocked, but life moves on. The current asking price of $34.5k is absolutely absurd and grossely grossely over what it was sold for.

Karma is a mirror....

Thanks for the update on this build’s origin. Do you mind giving a ballpark figure for the sale a year ago?

inorganic

Thanks for the update on this build’s origin. Do you mind giving a ballpark figure for the sale a year ago?

Hi Westward - No I won't say, it just doesn't feel right to out the seller like that, kinda feels like a 'Silky Johnson' move (Dave Chappelle - player haters ball reference LOL). Suffice to say that it is a crazy increase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy