Clone of ARB Intensity LED Driving Light/Light Force 250!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Not in the flesh, I have seen them on the sites however. I have the same issue. the 9" are too big for where I am mounting them. I am afraid to change my lighting setup now as it works so damn good. I have a great wall of daylight in front of me, no hot spots, no dark spots just nice white light a long way up the road to spot the big critters on the highways here. In the bush they are great too.

vitodivita

The 9" are just too big for my application. Anyone seen the knock-off 7" version yet?

I haven't, but since I have the arb stubby, the lights will fit perfectly :)

It's honestly my first shameless knock off mod. everything else I got added on my rig are respectable, mostly american parts.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
For knock offs, those look great. All the way down to the build quality and light output. I mean, do you really need anything brighter than that by a few lumens ? I doubt anyone here is running king of the Hammer, or desert racing...... so you shouldn't have any issues with them running trails. If you happen to have issues, you can buy 3 more pairs and STILL have money left over, as opposed to buying ARBs. That's a no brainer here for me.... or for people on budgets. I see no reason to spend an absurd amount on ARB lights now that I see the knock offs are more or less just as good. I'll be sending my hard earned cash to the China man across the pond for a set of those or something similar.
Thank you so much for posting those pictures and the detailed description of the product itself. I for one am sold.

Well, some of us do desert race and quality, innovation and customer service counts.

You'll never be out front if you're always waiting for a knock-off from China ;)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Agree with you 100 percent on that front Crusieroutfit. If I was racing, I would never use any knock off product. However for the hobbyist who is just out on the weekends, etc, there is not such an ordeal if a light goes out. I use my lights on a nightly basis and I have a setup right now that is hard to change as it works sooooooooo good. I don't have the space to mount the 9" lights without loosing my fog beams, and that's something I really don't want to do. I am bringing in some Chinese lights as they are what are selling around here light hot cakes. I can give extra customer service than people just ordering from the net and I can do installs. For people who want real lighting I am becoming a dealer for Baja Designs and Vision X. At which point I am trying a set of Light canons. the first LED light that actually puts light out like I am looking for. For the person who just runs the back roads here every now and then I think the Chinese lights would work fine.

Shoeman

Observer
What bugs me about all these various lights is that I have yet to see a testing standard being used for any of these. Having spent 8 years in the handheld light retail industry, I am used to using the ANSI/NEMA FL-1 standards as a comparison and performance tool. Maybe the automotive world does not have a similar testing standard. If they do, please point me to it so I can study. It sure would make an informed decision easier.

CJustin7

Adventurer
Right on. Then that doens't really apply to you or the other people in here that actually need the best of the best. Being the Expo Portal , most of us don't' need that and it really comes down to spending 5 times as much money on a very similar product. My buddy's been running his Chinese knock off lightbar for a little over 2 years now ..... and the thing works great. Of course he's not racing. We just like the trails and backcountry, where the 1/5th priced lighting works WELL BEYOND what's needed, and the price is actually practical. I have no doubts the customer service is awesome, but just looking through some eaby/alibaba ads yesterday .... There's allot of folks who are now offering 2 yr warrantys and such. Probabbly not the best customer service still, but that's ok when you can just buy another light or 4 to cover the cost of RR or ARB lights.

No ones racing when we're out..... we're just enjoying our trip and don't care who get's there last ;)

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Here are is a version from AUS. I like the black body and the black bracket.

http://www.ledlightbarsaustralia.co...products/185w-black-edition-led-driving-light

image_1_1_1024x1024.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Right on. Then that doens't really apply to you or the other people in here that actually need the best of the best. Being the Expo Portal , most of us don't' need that and it really comes down to spending 5 times as much money on a very similar product. My buddy's been running his Chinese knock off lightbar for a little over 2 years now ..... and the thing works great. Of course he's not racing. We just like the trails and backcountry, where the 1/5th priced lighting works WELL BEYOND what's needed, and the price is actually practical. I have no doubts the customer service is awesome, but just looking through some eaby/alibaba ads yesterday .... There's allot of folks who are now offering 2 yr warrantys and such. Probabbly not the best customer service still, but that's ok when you can just buy another light or 4 to cover the cost of RR or ARB lights.

No ones racing when we're out..... we're just enjoying our trip and don't care who get's there last ;)

I'm not faulting anyone for buying Chinese made LED's, have at it... there are some decent options out there with a beyond fair price point. I'm faulting someone for buying a 100% knock-off Chinese made LED's riding the coat-tails of the looks and quality of reputable brand. I hate to use the word but it's most "poser-ish" to want the look but not be willing to pay the price for the real thing. It's like fake beadlocks, snorkels not hooked up under the hood and faux hood scoops ;)

BCobe

Adventurer
I'm not faulting anyone for buying Chinese made LED's, have at it... there are some decent options out there with a beyond fair price point. I'm faulting someone for buying a 100% knock-off Chinese made LED's riding the coat-tails of the looks and quality of reputable brand. I hate to use the word but it's most "poser-ish" to want the look but not be willing to pay the price for the real thing. It's like fake beadlocks, snorkels not hooked up under the hood and faux hood scoops ;)

"Poser-ish" maybe but not every has that kind of money to spend on the "real-deal" so they go with the next best thing. Also, even with the LED light bars, a company must have "pioneered" the design and look at the market now, flooded with many different companies marketing "their" brand of light bars, heck even Lightforce has their own "ARB" styled round LED lights. If someone was claiming that their cheap Chinese knock offs were ARB's then I would 100% agree with you on them being posers but if someone is looking for a decent product at a decent price then why fault them?

ARB also seems like the company that would do a "step up or shut up" scenario with their products if someone was actually stating that they are on par with ARB in any way shape or form. They even did a video test of their ARB Air Locker with versus the Yukon Zip locker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues