Co-opski’s Last Frontier Build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Beautiful pictures, looks like you had some nice adventires this summer. Still another couple months before we start seeing snow down here.

Are those goodyear tires the predecessor to the duratracs? Couldn't find them on the Goodyear website.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Beautiful pictures, looks like you had some nice adventires this summer. Still another couple months before we start seeing snow down here.

Are those Goodyear tires the predecessor to the duratracs? Couldn't find them on the Goodyear website.
The d/t must be, these are a few years old and discontinued. Got them at sears on the sale rack for just over 400 mounted. I could not pass that up.

stioc

Expedition Leader
099_zpsa6939ddd.jpg

Gorgeous pics! I've said it before you should post more pics, it's pretty up there.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Beautiful pictures. You Alaskans are a different breed of people (respectfully, of course). In the summer time I fish Salmon out of Dillingham, AK and the scenery is so beautiful. Nice rig!

D

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Beautiful pictures. You Alaskans are a different breed of people (respectfully, of course). In the summer time I fish Salmon out of Dillingham, AK and the scenery is so beautiful. Nice rig!

D

Just a transplant from Wisconsin, like the other 1/2 of Alaskans. Only been to Dillingham once to fly out and float the upper Nush. Had three weather days so I got out to the lakes by Wood-Tickchik SP, every summer I think about buying a pakcanoe to spend a few weeks out there.

Thanks Russell, I'll try to keep on top of the pictures.
Looking to do the ATF fluid before the snow flys too much. sticking with Amsoil. I get 6 qts out of a drain and refill every 6 months. I should do the filter next spring.

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Awesome pictures there. You sure do have a beautiful state to call home. Lucky man.

So some posts you put on Jack's and my build threads a while ago got my wheels turning. You were talking about wanting to add a light bar to your roof rack. After some looking, I'm about 99% sure you can run one of the Xoskel Xterra light cages if you wanted. The front section of the roof rack where they bolt up is (I believe) exactly the same as it is on the Frontier. I think the 2000-2001 cage would be the ticket. I'd do that over the Low Pro option. I'm sure you've read about my issues with the Low Pro bar. Granted, you couldn't run massive 8" lights like I do :D but you could reasonably run a decent sized Hella or KC.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
I second the Xoskel (if it will work - not sure about the Frontier differences). I'm in the process of fixing mine, or going LED. Leaning more towards LEDs. Cheaper, last longer, and brighter without the alternator strain.

Edit - Xoskel does make Frontier bars - http://xoskel.com/Frontier.html

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
:mixed-smiley-030::ar15::REOutArchery02::REOutShootinghunter

That should sum up the good ol' HooHaa Grass Roots steering. So my shop took out the bolts to put in some new hardware as the washers and bolts were shot, well so were the bearings. This steering fix has been the biggest headache my Nissan has experienced. Please do not do as I did and stay away from this steering system.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
:mixed-smiley-030::ar15::REOutArchery02::REOutShootinghunter

That should sum up the good ol' HooHaa Grass Roots steering. So my shop took out the bolts to put in some new hardware as the washers and bolts were shot, well so were the bearings. This steering fix has been the biggest headache my Nissan has experienced. Please do not do as I did and stay away from this steering system.

I will STEER clear of it :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal