Collection of Trailer Builds

Josh Hixon

78WideTrak
Will get some action shots this weekend. Taking it up to Three Creeks Lake to be eaten alive by mosquitoes and catch some trout :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Awesome Josh!

Need to post one behind the Wagoneer.
Will you be lifting the trailer at all?
Maybe some agressive tires too?

Josh Hixon

78WideTrak
Thank you Mark. Haha, I thought about it but it is already really tall. Maybe some bigger tires so that I don't need the 2" drop hitch. We regularly pull it with my wife's Explorer. So it hasn't seen much "off road" time. Pulled it for about 5 miles on a torn up gravel road last summer with the Jeep. Woo probably drag it home with the Jeep on Sunday because she had to work...

Josh Hixon

78WideTrak
Only have two pictures on my phone.
IMG_20130803_155326.jpg

IMG_20130803_155310.jpg

Made a lip for the shelf. Traced, routered them out, then burned them for a little more detail. Unfortunately when I stained it that detail disappeared :(

Lucy FJ55

Observer
Sweet vintage trailer Josh! I'm from Central Oregon also and I'm working on a '77 Coleman Concord pop up. I really dig resto-modding vintage stuff. I also love living in this area because there are so many old campers around waiting for a new life of camping!

Have fun up at Three Creeks... I'll be working on my pup this weekend!

Cheers, Carlos.

TheThom

Adventurer
Sweet vintage trailer Josh! I'm from Central Oregon also and I'm working on a '77 Coleman Concord pop up. I really dig resto-modding vintage stuff. I also love living in this area because there are so many old campers around waiting for a new life of camping!

Have fun up at Three Creeks... I'll be working on my pup this weekend!

Cheers, Carlos.

I was afraid you gave up on the PUP. Glad you're still going at it

Willeman

Observer
I am laying in the plans for 12v pump, fresh water system. Anyone have any experience with reliability/durability in roto mold and high end plastic RV tanks in an off road trailer?

CRJeepin

Observer
I am laying in the plans for 12v pump, fresh water system. Anyone have any experience with reliability/durability in roto mold and high end plastic RV tanks in an off road trailer?

I have heard good things about the rv tanks but am not sure what size I'm fitting to my bantam trailer. 15-20 gallons would be ideal for 2-3 days off the grid with a family of four but that's heavy and needs to be really well secured. Also should be balanced over the axle which isn't an ideal use of cargo space.

Sorry I can't offer any advice on the durability of the tanks but am interested to see what others say, and what you come up with.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal