Columbia Overland Tacoma Gen 2 Dual Battery Tray

lwg

So we finally got two of the prototypes punched out. We're sending one to a customer for test fitment next week but expect everything to fit as planned. The Gen 2 Dual Battery Tray fits basically the same batteries as the Gen 1 found here. We've designed it around a pair of Odyssey PC1400's again however Optima's fit just fine as well.

Toyota G2 Dual Battery Tray 1.jpg

Toyota G2 Dual Battery Tray 2.jpg

We'll have these on our website late next week available for purchase once we confirm everything fits as designed. Pricing will be the same as the Gen 1 set at $150.

Additionally we now have cable kits available. Look for the specifics on our website within the next few days.

gophere

Adventurer
very clean tray design. Im trying to source a dual tray for my montero but they are only in OZ and most are for diesel set-ups, bummer.. Want a new project truck??::smiley_drive:

lwg

What has been changed from the first? Looks like the top has been trimmed down maybe?

There are a couple of subtle changes actually. We made some changes to the bottom plate so that it can still be used for the Gen 1 Tacoma as well as the Gen 2 Tacoma's. The top plate is different from the Gen 1 as we had to add an additional mount point to hold down the batteries. The Gen 2 tray sits right up against the back of the drivers headlight so it's a pretty tight fit however it does work.

lwg

For use on Gen 2 Tacomas, or was there a problem with the first design?

Sorry should have clarified. There were no problems with the first design, but we found if we slightly modified the existing base we could easily use it for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 and only have to manufacture a different top plate for each battery. The only difference is we don't install the coolant reservoir bracket for the Gen 2 trucks.

Hopefully this clarifies things. :)

trump

Adventurist
Sorry should have clarified. There were no problems with the first design, but we found if we slightly modified the existing base we could easily use it for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 and only have to manufacture a different top plate for each battery. The only difference is we don't install the coolant reservoir bracket for the Gen 2 trucks.

Hopefully this clarifies things. :)

Cool thanks... just checking since I've got the first gen tray holding a couple battries in place right now. :wings:

BTW I made a discovery with the tray on installation... sending you a PM.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Got a little bit of time today to remove the old battery and get the tray and AGMs in place fits great. I'll be doing the isolator and wiring tomorrow.
Columbia007.jpg

Tacovendor

Explorer
Got the Gen 2 dual battery tray from Columbia Overland, install was easy, I'm using the XS Power D5100s and a dual battery isolator from Warn. Was a bit stressfull cutting the stock wiring to hook up two batteries.
columbia2010.jpg

columbia2012.jpg

Last edited:
sorry if this is a dense questions but size wise do these accept the stock size tacoma battery as well as a comparible 2nd batt? or are people replace both batteries to a slightly smaller size in order to fit the two?

Tacovendor

Explorer
Sorry I haven.t check this one for awhile, they have designed these for aftermarket batteries. Both XS Power AGM's are only an inch bigger than the single stock battery. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism