Compelling photos needed for new ExPo main page!

portaladmin

Calling all [adventure] photographers!! With the upcoming redesign of the Expedition Portal main page, we will feature a slideshow of community members' photographs. We are looking for high-quality images (think "Latitudes" in Overland Journal) from your various vehicle-based adventures throughout the world. Here are a few specs:
  • Landscape aspect ratio
  • At least 700 pixels wide
  • Your best shots!
  • No more than 5 images per member
Please email your submissions to info@expeditionportal.com, and be sure to include your forum screenname.
:removeredX:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Could you specify whether you want images with vehicles in them or just stunning scenics void of the trucks and explorers in the shots?

Just so we dont waste your time with submitting images that you dont want.

Thanks

Scott Brady

Founder
There is no due date. Jeremy will update the slide-show with new images every month or so. By necessity, we will be very selective.

We will probably run the following as a percentage of images in the slide show (or a close approximation). I have included a few examples.

25% Adventure Motorcycle (relatively close up to the bike in interesting terrain, artistic shots, etc.)
TAT_tumbleweeds.jpg

25% Scenery and People shots. (Think big landscapes with or without a vehicle, though having a vehicle in the scene will help, as would a great road winding off into the distance, etc.)
Arctic_Ocean_EW-19.JPG

MED_road_to_satevo.jpg

50% Expedition Vehicle Images (Mostly 4wds like Toyotas, Land Rovers, Jeeps, etc., though all marks will be represented as images are available)
bustin_drifts.jpg

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I'd like to post my requests here, for your considseration. My email attempts with my pictures keep coming back to me as a delivery failure.

Thanks!
09.jpg

24.jpg

15.jpg

05.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Forum participant sinhuexavier gave permission to use this fabulous photo:

2512538602_f359a8a687_b.jpg

This is one of many photos in this collection:
http://flickr.com/photos/sinuhexavie...85647809/show/

Here's a screen capture of one photo from that set:

xavier1.jpg

This photo looks even better in its full size. Sinuhexavier's photos
do a great job of capturing why people engage in adventure travel.

Chip Haven

bmonday

Adventurer
Submitted full res versions of the following:

Moab, Chicken Corners:
r_DSC00013.jpg

Grand Canyon, North Rim, near Toroweap:
r_DSC00046.jpg

Utah, parts unknown:
r_DSC00093.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads