Compressor mounting spot?

britome

We use these compressor kits at work. The biggest problem we have with them is the relay pack ( gray box ). Moisture gets in to the air pressure switch and it will either stick open or closed. The only time we have had a failure with the pump itself is when a truck got swamped and air filter let water into the compressor. The filers are not the best for fine dirt. We use a remote filter from Amazon and mouth it in the engine bay with the pump on the frame rails. Just a little input.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanx. How do you hook up a remote filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sims4adventure

Thanx. How do you hook up a remote filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just put a Barb end on it and the inlet of compressor run a hose. We use air brake tubing.
22388286660487e65eaee783d1dfe9ce.jpg

One way to plumb compressor air inlet is to use the vehicle's air filter box. Since each vehicle is different how you connect to the clean air side of the box will be different. Just make sure that if your vehicle has a Mass Air Flow sensor that you connect the air inlet for the compressor prior to the MAF sensor. No need for additional filter and the air will be just as clean as the air entering your engine.

Sims4adventure

One way to plumb compressor air inlet is to use the vehicle's air filter box. Since each vehicle is different how you connect to the clean air side of the box will be different. Just make sure that if your vehicle has a Mass Air Flow sensor that you connect the air inlet for the compressor prior to the MAF sensor. No need for additional filter and the air will be just as clean as the air entering your engine.
We tried this. But eventually the tubing would crack or get a hole in it. Dirt ingestion is not a good thing with an engine. To big of a chance for me and I woul constantly think about it failing

If tubing is cracking they you need to use a different type of tubing. Something as simple as heater hose would work. Myself I like PTFE lined braided hose.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Do realize that every time you extend the intake tube you make it harder for the compressor to work.

I would not suggest anything beyond a couple of feet.

1stDeuce

Explorer
If your truck is a diesel, there's a nice bracket right above the driveshaft that's used for the gas vapor canister. I bolted my Viair 400C upside down to that bracket. I think the intake came with a hose and filter, which I ran up into the bedside. It's been there three or four years and still works fine. No tank on my setup, since I just use it for filling tires, but i did use the pressure switch, and enough 1/2" line to act as a buffer. It runs for three seconds when you turn it on, another three seconds when you plug in the hose, and shuts off in three seconds or less when you stop filling a tire. Good enough for me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3