Considering A Trailer

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
WaySlowWhitey, nice trailers suggested, if all you want is one to haul stuff as a utility trailer you might have one built. I had an all steel tilt trailer built with a ramp gate and removable tounge hitch and 16" wheels,street tires, 1/2 ton axel for way less than 3K, in fact I think it came in around 600 bucks, but the welding was done at my fab shop so no labor cost.

Anyway, seems you problem is where to put one, would you consider a storage lot? You could also make a dolly where you could tip a trailer up on its rear (maybe take the wheels off) and hook it against a wall tosave some space. Don't know how much room you have. BTW, I hate HOAs! You could also move! LOL

pennieslj

Observer
We have had our Ruger for a little over a month now. We've taken three weekend trips with it so far and love it. Their price and size fit what we were looking for and the delivery time/customer service was great.
P8194309.jpg

joker2041

Adventurer
I am currently talking to Manley ORV about a trailer and so far their customer service is the best one could ask for. I have been really impressed. Plus I think that their price point is reasonable.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, YUP, I can't carry an ATV, or motorcycles init, but

I can take coolers/ campstoves/ tools/chainsaw/gas/sparetire/ tents/ utensils/ four folding chairs/ tables/ tarps/ blankets-etc

Only issue with the Tentrax is that it's small to begin with, and you're really limiting your options going forward. Both with RTTs, and storage.

I also have a JKUR/w rack, so there ain't much more I need to carry-

Besides I carry a boat also, still too small huh ?

I don't use a RTT, but here's my "Airzone" tent, on the Tentrax

SUNP0250.jpg

I'm 70 years old and I can move my Tentrax all around a camping spot, by myself--couldn't doit with a bigger/heavier trailer--

Like I said earlier--the Tentrax/MBRP rack fit a special purpose !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Diese l4-Runner

Will your HOA let you put a storage shed in your back yard? If so conveniently build one just big enough for your trailer and stick it in there. Then it is out of the elements and not in view of some HOA nazi.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Go with the Manley trailer and fab a stand that slips in the rear receiver and stand it in the tail in the garage.

RugerTrailer

The Trailer Guy
Thanks for all the feedback. In looking at the pricing, location, etc. I'm leaning towards either a Baja Rack with cargo box or the Ruger (Can't beat the price or the fact that they are local to me). Challenge with with the Ruger is storage. HOA won't allow trailers in the backyard and the garage is set.

Please send me an email. Depending on how much useable space you have in your garage I think we have some solutions for you.

rugertrailer@yahoo.com

Mike

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
Go with the Manley trailer and fab a stand that slips in the rear receiver and stand it in the tail in the garage.

Hadn't thought about it, but good idea. We could probably make something up that would allow you to do this pretty easy. Big deciding factor would be the ceiling height as our trailers are just over 9' long... er tall in this case.

-Josh

WaySlowWhitey

Thanks for all the suggestions. My garage is a 3 car tandem (2 on one side and 1 on the other). the 3rd car side is for our bikes, riding gear and "gun room". The ceilings are nearly 12' high so there's no concern there. Wall space is also OK to tip a trailer on end. As for storing the trailer at an RV storage facility ... I'm OK with that bt can't seem to find one nearby for anything less that $35/mon. Can't see paying that much for something with such a small footprint.

TheThom

Adventurer
Nice site. I like how you have different pricing options for imported parts vs made in the USA. Nice to give consumers the option of paying more to get made in the USA or going "economy" with foreign sourced parts.

Good luck

Last edited:

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
Nice stie. I like how you have different pricing options for imported parts vs made in the USA. Nice to give consumers the option of paying more to get made in the USA or going "economy" with foreign sourced parts.

Good luck

Thanks. Offering two lines of trailers, imported and USA took more time to implement and a larger investment, however I think it will allow us to meet a larger portion of the market. Customers have different needs and priorities.

-Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach