Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

austintaco

Explorer
Don't we all make our trucks "our trucks". It's why we are here reading and out in the garage spending money that we could be putting in the bank. It's just that Containerized has more of it.

Still liking the build, and eagerly awaiting the finished product.

Clutch

<---Pass
Don't we all make our trucks "our trucks". It's why we are here reading and out in the garage spending money that we could be putting in the bank.

Sure, but you can't throw a build up on the internet and expect everyone to like it, there is going to be some that adore it, some that hate it, and others that are indifferent.

So one can't criticize a bit, but people don't have a problem criticizing the critic. LOL, funny how that works.

I do like aesthetics and function...never really liked the looks of the 80 series Land Cruiser, but that is just me, so chopping up a Tacoma to toss on some 20+ year old lighting technology...seems like a step backwards both in looks and in function. If you don't want people to be vocal about it, and take offense to it. Don't post it up on the internet for the world to see.

The Tacoma Incross concept with the Retro Tacoma paint scheme and frontend, and Contain's tailgate mod would be a cool combo...plus with a 5.7 V8 and manny trans, would be even cooler.

toyota-tacoma-v8-incross-concept-at-sema-2008.jpg

Last edited:

Gooseberry

Explorer
heck I would like a ride in the toys he has had. I like that he has worked hard to be able to build what he wants.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
After reading subsequent posts to my questions of Containerized I sincerely appreciate his advanced reading comprehension -- in addition to his novel project -- at least he got it and responded appropriately. Jeez... :D

Containerized

Adventurer
After reading subsequent posts to my questions of Containerized I sincerely appreciate his advanced reading comprehension -- in addition to his novel project -- at least he got it and responded appropriately. Jeez... :D

LOL, not sure if you're being facetious, but I do try to respond. I agree it does seem nuts to take something you spent time customizing, building, etc. out on the trail that represents lots of money or free time or weekends or time away from your significant other or etc. But, if that's true, then we're all nuts. I'm pretty careful with my toys, as careful as you can be whilst adventuring. Sometimes stuff gets scratched, broken, dented, whatevered. It gets fixed. This truck will be the same...

Containerized

Adventurer
Test fit of spare...

photo_22.jpg

photo_5.jpg

The Rotopax are just "posing" in those shots... don't worry, there's a place for them to live. :ylsmoke:

And here's a teaser shot for everyone asking for front end work...

photo_3.jpg

The surround of the 80 Series lamps and the trim will all be prepped and hit with white to match and blend better into the body. I think even those with grave doubts about using an LC set of lamps on a Taco project will find we've done our very best to make this part work with the truck.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I think you have done a great fab job here man. I think I said it before that I could not see the "worth" of the project. That said, it looks phenominal!!! The finished product is going to be killer and you will for sure have a "one of" vehicle when your done here

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Need more Emoticons...

LOL, not sure if you're being facetious, but I do try to respond. I agree it does seem nuts to take something you spent time customizing, building, etc. out on the trail that represents lots of money or free time or weekends or time away from your significant other or etc. But, if that's true, then we're all nuts. I'm pretty careful with my toys, as careful as you can be whilst adventuring. Sometimes stuff gets scratched, broken, dented, whatevered. It gets fixed. This truck will be the same...

No, I was sincere. But here is the confusing thing for mois... when I asked questions with rationale behind my remarks (and a little humor), you responded with a detailed explanation behind your thinking and application. Good-to-go. But subsequent posters really got their knickers in a knot, as if I had intimate relations with your pet dog.

Our dialog is especially helpful to the community, as others may have similar situations and haven't articulated them as well in thought or action. Plus, it adds to the general body of knowledge on the forum as a future reference for other projects. I'm familiar with builds that might not be widely embraced; my truck for example is sometimes greeted with a hairy eyeball by some ExPo elite... or the FZJ 40 - a stretched FJ 40 on a shortened FZJ 80 frame and running gear. I've even shown your thread to others at my shop where we do LC restoration and off-road fabrication and all have appreciation of the work. OBTW, everyone's nuts about the tailgate.

What I found curious were the subsequent posts to defend your work and taking my critical comments as "hateful." Clearly my fault - this is the result of not inserting enough smiley's... :rolleyes:

Yeah - we are all nuts... someone aptly described it as, "a decent into madness." Now if we can just get the American Psychiatric Association (APA) to recognize it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of Mental Disorders or International Classification of Diseases (ICD)... :D

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
The FZJ 40 is bad ********, it got rid of that gawd awful 80 body. LOL :elkgrin: :ylsmoke: :) :drool:

fzj40(42).jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Ah, you know it! Cool...

FZJ40.jpg

Hijack off...

In the top 10 best builds. After yours in the line up of course! :elkgrin:

..and another one.

120.jpg

...oh I think Containerized's build is bad ********...just don't like the 80 series face. Hey, if we were all the same this would be a boring place.:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater