Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

Yeah - we are all nuts... someone aptly described it as, "a decent into madness." Now if we can just get the American Psychiatric Association (APA) to recognize it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of Mental Disorders or International Classification of Diseases (ICD)... :D

Well, a "disorder" is something that "disorders" your life, isn't it? I'd say this counts.......

Though it might be hard to fit into one of the specific categories the DSM offers. Spouses might offer some aid in diagnosing though.... I know mine would :D

On a slight side note, is there a link to the build of that 40/80 series mutation? I think I'd like to see more of that-

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
On a slight side note, is there a link to the build of that 40/80 series mutation? I think I'd like to see more of that-

See the attached MUD thread... I know what's going on Containerized's garage. It's a labor of love, not everyone may like it, but from the experience comes something new and amazing. I predict his "neo-retro" Tacoma is going to spawn some new thinking and inspire others to push the envelope.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/264922-fzj40.html

But seriously, back to the OP's thread. PM me if you have other questions.

Clutch

<---Pass
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p631/Containerized/1.png

that center section looks too tall, like it needs to be cut in half, horizontally, and the bumper moved upward...

Looking great though!

Like this?

Verschraenkungstest.jpg

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Verschraenkungstest.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that an 80 or a LC Prado? Front end looks 80 but the slant cut back windows make me think Prado. Any details?

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
/\
/ \
||
||
||

It's a 100-series LC. That one looks to have a custom lift-up camper top on it, so it makes the roof pillars and windshield line look different.

LC100AUpic1-314x235.jpg

Last edited:

Containerized

Adventurer
Our dialog is especially helpful to the community, as others may have similar situations and haven't articulated them as well in thought or action. Plus, it adds to the general body of knowledge on the forum as a future reference for other projects.

Tango - Sorry if I was defensive/sensitive/stupid in earlier posts. Definitely appreciate your comments/questions. And I do like to think every time someone really rips apart a truck and figures out a trick or two on things other Expo'ers might want to do (whether it's a bed bob or cutting up the front fenders of an 05+ Taco for a bit more room in the sheetmetal) it adds something to the community "knowledge base" here.

I'd say we're 80% of the way there on the truck... but the last 20%, particularly the paintjob, will take some serious time. It's all going to be paint under two layers of clear, no vinyl graphics here.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i think the truck is coming along pretty dang awesome. i applaud you for doing what you want and making your own mods outside the norm, the only thing stopping me from chopping into my tacoma is money, otherwise it would have a pretty awesome modular bed, solid axle and turbo diesel engine, among a few other things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues