Converting the ac compressor to on board air

XJBANKER

Explorer
If you are going to spend in the $300 to $400 range then why not just get a ViAir compressor?

I have a ViAir compressor and an old Fire Extiguisher converted to an air tank and it works great and when it is hot on the trails I stay nice and cool with my AC running.

jwtrapper

Observer
If you are going to spend in the $300 to $400 range then why not just get a ViAir compressor?

I have a ViAir compressor and an old Fire Extiguisher converted to an air tank and it works great and when it is hot on the trails I stay nice and cool with my AC running.

It would take two of the largest ViAiar compressors to match what a York will put out at an idle. It realy is no comparison. I run a York and still have my a/c.

I agree with TOTJ that blocking the "pee hole" realy doesn't make that much difference. Also you should vent the crank case if you block the "pee hole."
I think the only way to get one to not use oil would be to put a better set of rings on the pistons.

toledotimber

Observer
The Sanden on an R-134 system XJ should be the SD7H15, which based on my calculations puts out 4.92125 cfm. That should be plenty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach