Cook trailer build questions

K31van

I want to build a cook trailer a group traveling together. I plan to put a rooftop tent on it but it's design is for a group trip. Never build one. Looking for help from people with experience.
What is the best size?
What should it have i.e. Blackstone BBQ stove top?

HaveeBear

I like how you're thinking...Blackstone. Have you checked out Tventuring forum? and CompactCampingConcepts ? I would say minimum size is a 4'x6' trailer. Smaller may be a bit unstable and your RTT will hang over too much. Where do you want the kitchen? Off the back or a pull out. My trailer is 4'x8' (no RTT) and I have a slide out near the front (tongue) where I have the cooking supplies. I also added a folding counter top on the side to create an "L" shaped work space. If this is only a chuckwagon, 4'x6' is big enough to carry all food, water, propane, and cooking supplies for a large group. If you do all your cooking on the Blackstone, you'll still need a burner to boil water.

Good luck and have fun!

I personally like the stoves with a removeable griddle, like most Camp Chef, Colman or Partner Steel products as I'll occasionally use pots for boiling pasta or a kettle for coffee. If you're confident that all your cooking will work on a griddle, then the convenience of not having to get out the griddle is probably nice.

K31van

I am thinking slide out back of trailer. Also slide out both sides in front of wheel both sides 1 side fridge 1 side freezer. Think same track with as my f150 4x4 was wonder about length. I will build it . I have a off road race background fab is not my issue. Just looking to people who use one as to do's and don'ts

K31van

I just read my post sounds like I don't want advice that's not the case I really do I appreciate all inputs and experiences. Thank you sorry if I came off wrong.

Teardropper

There's nothing that touches a Partner camp stove.

gCQpj8j.jpg

u5GP8Jl.jpg

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal