Cool! Winnebago Sprinter 144 4x4 Adventure Concept Introduction

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks about the same to me??? Maybe the tires on the red one are larger? smaller on the WB Revel?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
So is the Winnebago process basically a one size fits all type of customization or do you have to go thru all the options lists as Sportsmobile offers? From the videos, it seems like there is just one basically layout/floor plan/options list...I do like the fact that the bed goes all the way up to the roof.

One question I am curious about is whether the 4x4 model would have the option to install a strong enough rear bumper that would allow a 550 lb Sport Touring Motorcycle to be successfully and safely mounted in a Versahaul, perhaps using 3 Class 3 hitch receivers to reduce flex.

You have about five option choices. It's not a Sportsmobile.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Weights & Measures
44E
Length 19'5"
Exterior Height1 9'10"
Exterior Width 7'1"
Awning Length 10'
Interior Height 6'3"
Interior Width 6'7"
Freshwater Tank Capacity2 (gal.) 21
Water Heater Capacity (gal.) Continuous
Cassette Toilet Capacity2 (gal.) 5
Holding Tank Capacity - Gray2 (gal.) 21
LP Capacity3 (gal.) NA
Fuel Capacity (gal.) 26.4
GCWR4 (lbs.) 13,550
GVWR (lbs.) 8,550
GAWR - Front (lbs.) 3,970
GAWR - Rear (lbs.) 5,360
Wheelbase 144"
Seating Capacity 4

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
So is the Winnebago process basically a one size fits all type of customization or do you have to go thru all the options lists as Sportsmobile offers? From the videos, it seems like there is just one basically layout/floor plan/options list...I do like the fact that the bed goes all the way up to the roof.

One question I am curious about is whether the 4x4 model would have the option to install a strong enough rear bumper that would allow a 550 lb Sport Touring Motorcycle to be successfully and safely mounted in a Versahaul, perhaps using 3 Class 3 hitch receivers to reduce flex.

Mercedes-Benz® Sprinter Chassis
3.0L 6-cylinder, 188-hp, diesel engine, 5-speed automatic Tip Shift transmission, 220-amp. alternator

On-demand 4WD w/low range electronic stability and traction control

4-wheel ABS brakes

Trailer Hitch4 5,000-lb. drawbar/500-lb. maximum vertical tongue weight

7-pin wiring connector

kylekai

Observer
I'm going to be ordering one soon, without the A/C. I'd rather have the nice big vent that replaces it. Anyway, it appears the top of the ladder is as high as the top of the A/C, so I'm wondering if there's no A/C, can the ladder be lowered, or does it remain up there catching low-hanging branches? Ideally I'd add a rooftop carrier instead of the A/C. Just got to find one that fits.

Rumline

Observer
- Truma Combi propane heat and hotwater system
- Induction cook top (personally with the propane onboard I think a simple propane would be better)
I disagree. I wish more companies would eschew propane and use diesel for interior appliances. Or induction for cooktop. Propane is dangerous in enclosed spaces plus it causes condensation.

kylekai

Observer
I wish more companies would eschew propane and use diesel for interior appliances. Or induction for cooktop. Propane is dangerous in enclosed spaces plus it causes condensation.

I agree. But where would I store my small propane tank for my outside grill with this vehicle? Maybe in a rooftop carrier?

kylekai

Observer
Bike rack

I noticed the original concept vehicle YouTube video had a bike rack attached to the back, whereas the production unit does not. I asked my local WB dealer and was told the bike rack they have does not work with the Revel. Anyone know where I could get a bike rack for the Revel?

bikeRack.jpg

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I'm going to be ordering one soon, without the A/C. I'd rather have the nice big vent that replaces it. Anyway, it appears the top of the ladder is as high as the top of the A/C, so I'm wondering if there's no A/C, can the ladder be lowered, or does it remain up there catching low-hanging branches? Ideally I'd add a rooftop carrier instead of the A/C. Just got to find one that fits.

The ladder mounts to the roof rack at the rear for transit. At 9'10" high I don't think "low hanging branches" are an issue.

Keyne

Adventurer
Rumline. I agree with no propane and don't have it in my van (Alde diesel heat and hot water and electric induction cooktop). My point was the prototype was a confusing mix... propane heat/hot water but an induction cooktop. If they had propane then no need for induction cooktop. They fixed it with the production version.

The production version I think is setup properly with diesel heat and induction stove.

Last edited:

kylekai

Observer
The ladder mounts to the roof rack at the rear for transit. At 9'10" high I don't think "low hanging branches" are an issue.

If you look at the image below, without the A/C the ladder would extend up about a foot above the roof line. If you take the vehicle offload it could be an issue.

RevelWOAC.jpg

weissbrewer

Observer
i would have liked to see rolling/ retractable screens for the doors. I had an Airstream Interstate and that was always on the wish list.....this may be my next truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach