craigslist not mine

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Columbia River Gorge - Oregon.

Nice truck. Belongs to Expo member WheretheHellisJames?... a shame he has to sell. :(

Gorgeous. And a super price! If only I wasn't already building my own and having a blast doing it....

I hate it for whoever is having to sell this. What a heartbreaker.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Actually, it is my old truck which he bought a couple of months back. Too bad he turns out to be a speculator, I thought it was going to a good home where it would be appreciated more. Perhaps the next owner will use it.
BX

bomar

Adventurer
Actually, it is my old truck which he bought a couple of months back. Too bad he turns out to be a speculator, I thought it was going to a good home where it would be appreciated more. Perhaps the next owner will use it.
BX

Yeah sad to give someone a good deal then they just flip it.

EricBirk

Adventurer
I would use it!!!!!

He makes it sound like he built it...
Is he making anything off of it?

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for right now, with the exception of the canopy.

So if I can flip my truck fast, and find a way to drive 1,400km to go get it... hahaha

These 4 doors are tough to find up here with low mileage.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Actually, it is my old truck which he bought a couple of months back....

So the good news for any buyer is that this truck was built right from day one! Wherever it goes, it is definitely all set-up for the ride.

:smiley_drive:

That's my truck for sale.

Folks- this is not a "flip" situation. I've unfortunately developed a condition that requires surgery, and I am uninsured. The sale of the truck is my ticket to getting fixed up.

BX gave me a good deal on the truck, and I'm grateful for that. When I bought it, I had every intention to keep it. For the sake of transparency: If I sell the truck for my asking price, I will make money on it. That money will pay for me to get things back in order with my body. Selling the truck was not the reason that I purchased it though, and there are many folks on this forum that know me personally, and would surely vouch that I'm a good guy, and don't make a habit of hosing people. That's not my style, and the sale is purely circumstance.

I use the truck daily as a driver, and as an exploration vehicle on the weekends. I'm really happy with it... It's awesome. I don't like being in the position where my health forces me to get rid of my big-ticket items. However, if it comes down to having my health, or having a sweet truck, I'll choose health first every time.

If there any surgeons on here who want to give an ExPo member a really sweet deal- let me know. Otherwise, the truck is officially for sale.

Last edited:

EricBirk

Adventurer
That's my truck for sale.

Folks- this is not a "flip" situation. I've unfortunately developed a condition that requires surgery, and I am uninsured. The sale of the truck is my ticket to getting fixed up.

BX gave me a good deal on the truck, and I'm grateful for that. When I bought it, I had every intention to keep it. For the sake of transparency: If I sell the truck for my asking price, I will make money on it. That money will pay for me to get things back in order with my body. Selling the truck was not the reason that I purchased it though, and there are many folks on this forum that know me personally, and would surely vouch that I'm a good guy, and don't make a habit of hosing people. That's not my style, and the sale is purely circumstance.

I use the truck daily as a driver, and as an exploration vehicle on the weekends. I'm really happy with it... It's awesome. I don't like being in the position where my health forces me to get rid of my big-ticket items. However, if it comes down to having my health, or having a sweet truck, I'll choose health first every time.

If there any surgeons on here who want to give an ExPo member a really sweet deal- let me know. Otherwise, the truck is officially for sale.

Sorry to hear about that, its a terrible thing being in that situation. I am the one who sent you the email on the truck.
As I mentioned earlier its really tough to get the 4 doors up here in Canada, and I have always loved them. This one is pretty damn near exactly what I would want in one and as such I am obviously quite interested.

As I also mentioned earlier there are a few things I would need to sort out before going any further.
*fingers crossed*

Either way, I wish you all the best!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
This sucks. James is a great guy and i can vouch for that. If there's anything i can do to help James drop me an email.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Considering information I did not have, I must make an apology to James. As far as using the word speculator, I do not attach any negative feelings to the word. It is not unusual for people to buy things, add value and resale them. I have done so myself. Especially when I realize that it does not serve my needs in the way I thought it would.
I have been on the planet long enough to make reasonably good evaluations of people I meet. I know James to be a good guy and had no intention of making him out to be otherwise. I loved that Tacoma and wanted it to go where it would be appreciated for its abilities. I have no regrets about selling the truck to James. I also know that he had several things that needed to be fixed which I did not have the time to do.

James, I am sorry about my choice of words. Also sorry to hear that you require surgery.
Regards,
Michael

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I'll vouch for James, not that he needs it.

If I can make you better via a bloody mary infusion you know I've got you covered.

I got to check this truck out when he picked it up in phoenix. Very well set up and built up nicely. Not a hack job.

Tim

EricBirk

Adventurer
I'll vouch for James, not that he needs it.

If I can make you better via a bloody mary infusion you know I've got you covered.

I got to check this truck out when he picked it up in phoenix. Very well set up and built up nicely. Not a hack job.

Tim

Tim,

He does sound like quite an awesome guy! I am in the midst of discussing deal details with him as we speak and hopefully will have all paperwork in hand and dealt with early next week, and the truck in Canada by the end of the week.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl