Cummins Earthroamer on BaT for 25 K current bid.

D

Deleted member 225824

Any advice on a bid? What do you guys think its worth?

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I’d be very interested in knowing how they got it smogged in California. This is something I’d want to see documented before any money passes hands.

Last edited:

zip

I prefer social distancing.
The 6.0 that came in this vehicle original is junk. After $10-15K to bulletproof the 6.0 it is fairly reliable.
A Cummins swap is generally the way to go if the 6.0 blows up.
My concern about buying a Frankenstein vehicle would be about knowing exactly what you are getting, and relaying that to a mechanic.

Ninelitetrip

I’d be very interested in knowing how they got it smogged in California. This is something I’d want to see documented before any money past hands.

Just winging it here.

Private non-commercial vehicle.
Registered as an RV. Camper body is "permanently fixed" unlike a slide in and has a pass through.

From CARB

Division 3, Chapter 1, Section 2025, Paragraph (c) Subparagraph (12) "Exemptions: This regulation does not apply to: Trucks with a GVWR of 19,500 or less with a pick-up bed used exclusively for personal, non-commercial, or non-governmental use."

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The 6.0 that came in this vehicle original is junk. After $10-15K to bulletproof the 6.0 it is fairly reliable.
A Cummins swap is generally the way to go if the 6.0 blows up.
My concern about buying a Frankenstein vehicle would be about knowing exactly what you are getting, and relaying that to a mechanic.

Says who? The pro diesel shops don't think so---very reliable they state once fully bulletproofed. (Now the later 6.4L, yes. Late model 6.7L is the best, in addition to the earlier 7.3L.)

Agreed with you on a Frankenstein, and possible issues arising from that "custom swap." Having had a mildly bulletproofed 6.0L that treated me very well, I'd personally rather have a no-performance-mods, yet bulletproofed 6.0L. That way any good Ford diesel tech can work on it without possible headaches.

YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven