Dawson's M-416 Build

XJBANKER

Explorer
dawsonc61 said:
My M416 got new shoes!

These came in the mail yesterday from adaptitusa.com they are the 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 hub pattern adapters.

IMG_4297.jpg

Before:
IMG_4086.jpg

After:
IMG_4302.jpg

To contrast:
IMG_4304.jpg

and some more for good measure!
IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

These tires are Goodyear MT/R 285/75/16 on Jeep Moab wheels.

I think they give a whole new look to the trailer. Just down right mean looking! I cant wait to get the fenders and tailgate fabricated.

How much did those wheel adapters run you? I am looking for a way to change an M100 over to 5 on 4.5

7slotgrills

Observer
Use stainless steel hinges on your CJ7 tailgate like I did on my M100.
The stock steel ones rust up and then you wreck the tailgate.
I painted mine olive green like the trailer I did not want the bling.

Correus

Adventurer
How did you get your drawing done on SketchUp? I can't even seem to get a box right!

Would you be willing to tell me how you did it? If you like, you can e-mail me at: correus @ yahoo.com

Thanks.

dawsonc61

Observer
Well big thanks are in order for BenE for helping me out tremendously this weekend. He managed to fit my little project into his schedule and I really appreciate it. Beer, welding, and shootin' the bull. What else can you ask for?

I went down to the metal yard on Saturday morning to pick up some 1x1 square tubing. Ben does the hard work by welding the 1x1 to the lip of the tub. I just cleaned it up with my flap wheel. Anyway, it looks so much better and doesn't look so "unfinished" even though I've got so much more to do.

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

Before:
IMG_4308.jpg

After:
IMG_4803.jpg

I'm hoping to get a welder for Christmas so things are really going to take off on this build in January.

dawsonc61

Observer
Correus said:
How did you get your drawing done on SketchUp? I can't even seem to get a box right!

Would you be willing to tell me how you did it? If you like, you can e-mail me at: correus @ yahoo.com

Thanks.

Correus: I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I truly didn't see this message till just now. Man, to tell you the truth i just kept messing around with it an got the hang of it, I guessed on the angles, pulled the boxes up and down, deleted sides, added sides. Just keep plugging away at it, you'll get the hang of it.

dawsonc61

Observer
Correus said:
Did you have to build the tires, jerry can, and such or are they in a library of items?

I did not buil the jerry can or the tires, I just searched "mud tires" or something to that effect. the only catch is that it isnt a set of two, you have to import two seperate tires and rotate one 180* It's kind of difficult to get it on the same plane.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Boy Dawson that looks just great..

A few months ago some of us were batting around the idea of making our own trailer boxes out of scratch, came to a lot of $$ of course, you are miles ahead with that sweet new box.. What a platform to start with :)

dawsonc61

Observer
I've finally made a little more progress on the M416. A huge thanks to Mike Green for his help and expertise. We cut the tail off and framed it out. We also welded the fenders on. Next step, the tailgate itself. Here are some pics of the work we've done so far:

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

More to come!

D

mjm

Observer
Are you still planning on a hard top to this trailer? Have you given any thought to making a tailgate that seals...waterproof/dust proof?

It is looking good. Keep up the good work.

dawsonc61

Observer
I think my tailgate seal will be water "resistant" so it should keep out rain and water from the road but I don't plan on fording any rivers in the jeep so the water "proofing" won't be a priority.
And yes I still want to have a hard top for the trailer...just don't know how or why yet!

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__