Devil's Hole and the old railroad - 12 April 08

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Speaker said:
Interesting! I've never been myself. Looks like a nice place to bust out the rope and shoes :REAdvRockClimber:

The walls are inverted - and it's a 380' drop, so it'd be coming out on an ascender the whole way...

JJackson

Explorer
crawler#976 said:
Yup, met Mr. Delgadio many years ago - he's since passed away.

His brother Angel still lives in town, he owns the barbershop. He's a great man to talk to, knows everybody in town, that useful when your trying to find a property owner. He rides his bike around and always has a great big smile. The restraunt is still ran by the son (John) of the late Mr. Delgadio. Did they tear down the old trains station hotel yet, read that they where going to do it soon.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
JJackson said:
His brother Angel still lives in town, he owns the barbershop. He's a great man to talk to, knows everybody in town, that useful when your trying to find a property owner. He rides his bike around and always has a great big smile. The restraunt is still ran by the son (John) of the late Mr. Delgadio. Did they tear down the old trains station hotel yet, read that they where going to do it soon.

Angel used to cut my hair at that shop, then I went to Lee's, and then Tony's, and then to the one across from the Beaver Street Brewery.

I went to school with his grand-daughter and knew his daughter, Marty Delgadio, fairly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk