diesel Evoque under consideration for USA

umbertob

Adventurer
OMG, I've been reading they are seriously considering, "and we're not even kidding this time", a diesel engine in the US every year, for the past 8-10 years... I'll believe it when I see one. Note the "Even if a diesel engine doesn't make the cut..." paragraph at the end of that article, which to me means this is yet another BS story about diesels coming to Land Rover in the US. :)

Last edited:

Some Dude

Adventurer
Yeah, and I'm "seriously considering" winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day.

haven

Expedition Leader
Competitors do offer diesel in USA for this $40,000 SUV class. Here's a report saying Porsche will add a V6 diesel to the Macan for USA.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/15/porsche-exec-confirms-macan-diesel-for-us/

Mercedes sells a four cylinder diesel in the GLK compact SUV. but not yet in the GLA.
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-GLK/model-GLK250BT

VW offers a diesel in the Touareg, but not yet in the Tiguan.

Audi is talking about bringing the Q3 with diesel engine to USA. The Q5 has diesel power.
http://wot.motortrend.com/1401_confirmed_2015_audi_q3_small_crossover_headed_to_america.html

So I say it's not beyond belief that Range Rover may add a diesel engine. RR's corporate partner Jaguar just designed a new family of engines named Ingenium. The line includes two 2.0L turbodiesels. Jaguar has not yet announced plans to import the diesels to USA, but finding ways to improve mpg is at the top of every auto maker's agenda.

Jwestpro

Explorer
They can put whatever engine they want in it, but it's still an Evoque

Exactly. I had a loaner Evoque for a few days. I hated almost everything about it. Handling was awful. View out of it was awful, in most directions actually, but completely useless past the B pillar. Access to back seats was terrible, worse than a Mini or my '68 VW Beetle. Driver seat didn't even have front lip vertical adjustment. The seat base only had an angular rising lift no better than a 2003 base model VW Jetta. While I have lived with some of these things in the past, just fine, this is not a cheap vehicle to many people which I find now to be a horrible value. It's practically a joke really, a joke on the buyer.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Sales are better than expected?

This is the new Range Rover Evoque

When the Evoque launched back in 2011, even Land Rover surely couldn't have imagined the stellar success its coupe-SUV would become.

Over 400,000 Evoques have found homes around the world in the last four years, which might go some way to explaining why this mid-life refresh is very much of the ‘if it ain't broke' school of faceliftery.......

......The facelifted car will be offered with the choice of two 2.0-litre Ingenium turbodiesels, developing 148bhp or 177bhp. In front-wheel drive flavour, the former officially returns 68mpg and 109g/km of CO2, making it - according to Land Rover at least - the cleanest car in its class........"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach