• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 65

roninjiro

Explorer
Is the price where it is because you purchase the entire donor vehicle vs just the components?

edit: nevermind, looked at the FAQ. appears so

Last edited:

dieseltoys

This is certainly not a cheap endeavor though. The power-trains are all super-low mileage from vehicles with typically less than 20,000 KMs. In order to get everything required for the conversion we need to buy complete running/driving vehicles (really not cheap...). Then we need to dismantle them, package and ship everything across the globe. Then we have the painstaking process of installing custom-fitting everything to the vehicle. Very labor intensive task but definitely worth the money if you have it. Most Fj Cruisers get in the 24-25 mpg range mixed city/hwy.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I've admired your work for years, and this is another example of your great work.

I'm guessing your initial remake about getting banned is because your company doesn't sponsor the forum. I personally don't think that you'd be banned for the post, you might get a polite PM suggesting you become a sponsor. If you decided to become a sponsor I'd be honored to have you on board, and judging by the number of views and responses you have had, I think others would as well.

roninjiro

Explorer
Well after looking into pricing of what complete vehicles (with these drivetrains) cost overseas (as well as S. america) and what diesel toys has to offer.. this is a steal. I don't know how you guys do it, but I give you guys huge props! I can say that these guys must do it for the love of the work/finished product. If I could afford it I would have you guys do my D40 conversion.

DanKunz

Adventurer
You may have a customer here in GA in the coming two years. I need to finish the offroad build part then I am coming to you with the GX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete