Difference between Hilux & Tacoma

Fishenough

Creeper
Warning: IMHO rant. This is just my opinion. It is only an opinion. It won't hurt you or do any harm. Please respond to it accordingly.

Everyone says they wish Toyota (and others) would make available xxxx model in a diesel engine for the US. Which is great, except, it can't go more than 100 miles south of the border. So though it sounds like the perfect Pan-Am rig, it won't work. Gasoline on the other hand, works all over the world.

Until the industries figure out how to make USLD only engines work in the 3rd world, modern (2007+) diesel's are worse to have than gas. IMHO.

This concludes the pure opinion section of my post. Thank you very much. :wavey:
Interestingly 4 cyl diesels from the Japanese auctions have doubled and tripled in selling prices since the start of covid. Not certain which buyers, from which country's, have caused this but perceived fuel economy is likely the attraction.

I've been importing vehicles from Japan since 1988 for my own use\hobby. Owned Hilux's and Landcrusiers (all but the 80, one day). Found that many of the small 4 cyl diesels (pre 2000's) aren't well suited for mine, or others, use; heavily loaded traveling long stretches of high speed highway with tire sizes up some from stock. But I actually plan to get a 1KD-FTV next year, living in Asia I liked this toyota engine plenty. And I don't plan to drive to south America, just Alaska and the Yukon.

My Hilux Surf last week, bought cheap from Japan with intentions not to worry about body panels during our exploring or hiking base camp.
90e0665698628df8b08fe2d4b7f81720.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater