Discount Tire ******!!!...Over

M

modelbuilder

I have concluded that "modelbuilder" is playing with us. He or she really doesn't care what the outcome of this discussion is. He/She's only point is in getting his/her rocks off at the expense of others by goading responses to preposterous statements, and then privately laughing about it.

I find this to be the worst kind of trolling and very offensive. I am done.

No...not playing...I run spacers. You still have not provided any proof they are anymore unsafe than any other mod we make to our rigs.

I'm still waiting for your proof. I'm sorry that I offended you by not agreeing with you and continually asking for proof. No need to take it personally.

My bad, I apologize. Please don't quit this thread again.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Not trying to add an fuel to the fire here. But I don't think it's been mentioned that most analysis of stress is done using computer stimulation. The engineers among us will see a product fail by analyzing the data. The non engineers may need to see something more concrete to convince them.

Accidents are caused by human error and mechanical failure. There have been cases of both brought up in this thread.

The off road community is slow to move from the "crash test dummy" mind set to the "Solid Works" mind set.

I'm more than happy to have a computer work out if my suspension, or steering is going to handle wash board, rather than wait for it to break to come to the same conclusion. But that's just me.

LilKJ

Adventurer
Not trying to add an fuel to the fire here. But I don't think it's been mentioned that most analysis of stress is done using computer stimulation. The engineers among us will see a product fail by analyzing the data. The non engineers may need to see something more concrete to convince them.

Accidents are caused by human error and mechanical failure. There have been cases of both brought up in this thread.

The off road community is slow to move from the "crash test dummy" mind set to the "Solid Works" mind set.

I'm more than happy to have a computer work out if my suspension, or steering is going to handle wash board, rather than wait for it to break to come to the same conclusion. But that's just me.

Nonsense... that makes too much sense and has no place in this thread:coffeedrink:

M

modelbuilder

I'm drinking right now and I still say they are safe.

At least thats what my cool crisp beer is telling me.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I have a set of 2" custom made adapters...to fit hub centric

My concern with HUB centric adapters is that the weight and forces would be applied to the hub, offset with a moment vs. where the wheel would have placed the normal force even with a consistent offset between wheels, yes?

LUG centric should at least try and act like a wheel extension (assume equal offset) though it is still an interesting exercise doing the static vertical load across the adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal