DIY Bundutec awning

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Im gonna use poles for more support also. Not because it needs it, but because it will offer more versatility in terms of additions etc. I'm diggin it so far! Gonna provide lots of shade that's for sure.

Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Got more done

Today I was able to finish attaching the frame to the trailer and get the canvass up on the poles and frame to test its fit. All in all I think it fits pretty dang good. I still need to attach the awning track and order some more. I won't have enough for one of the sides. Here are some pics of how it turned out.

Needs awning track installed.

005.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

Awning track

010.jpg

Awning rope that goes inside the awning track

011.jpg

This is where the awning track will mount and along the sides

012.jpg

014.jpg

I think it turned out great! Provides lots of shade. I still plan to use poles though; not because it needs it, but because it will allow me to attach walls to it if I wanted to. My wife might want that while cooking in the windy conditions. Time will tell.

This is close to being finished so I prolly won't post many more pics to this. Next project is a DIY ARB FRIG/FREEZER cover. Screw that 130 dollar price tag..lol.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
View from the top
60bd418358cb3925d41e3626713c9995.jpg

Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com

ripperj

Explorer
Dude!
Looks very pro like.
If you didn't already, give some thought to where rain(you get rain?) on the trailer roof can go when the awning is deployed

Sent from my Passport

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Dude!
Looks very pro like.
If you didn't already, give some thought to where rain(you get rain?) on the trailer roof can go when the awning is deployed

Sent from my Passport

Thanks bro. Yep, I was thinking about that when building it. The rain can drain off the roof like it did before I put the Awning on. I left the rain channels in place to divert that water where I want it to go. I can also control the water direction by using the outriggers in the rear. I left it up for a cpl days now to let it settle in and stretch. Now that its stretched a little I'm going to pull it off and move some sewn in attachment points to tighten it up.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
I'm hoping to get the cover done this weekend and redo those little pitch support arms. I don't like this design. I'm gonna make it more simple and stronger.

Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven