do the 100 series come in a manual?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
The 100 was never available in the US with a manual

Overseas they are available with a 5 speed in both the Petrol AND Diesel version!

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
I have been always into manuals for 4 wheel drives. Til now.... I got a 100 with a 5 speed auto, and it's great. The 1st gear, and low range is very low, and works great. Autos used to always 'want' for a lower geared transmission. Not with this 5 speed, it's got a very good low 1st gear.

I recommend the 5 speed auto box if you get a US made 100.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
neptunehmb said:
Looking at choices. I've always been into LC's but I really prefer manuals.
Yeah, it stinks, but North American destined Cruisers have been auto since 1988 (FJ62 and newer). It's not just Cruisers either, the 4Runner lost its manual tranny option in 2001.

ckkone

Explorer
x3

I find it way to hard to eat a cheeseburger, talk on the phone, drink my big gulp and shift at the same time...

cruiser guy

Explorer
There are 100 series with turbo-diesels and manual trannies as close as Central America. One of the families at the school here in Guatemala has a turbo-diesel 100 series.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
ginericLC said:
It isn't so bad. The 5 speed is a sweet tranny. The new 200 series auto is really nice.
Actualy for those of us who row our own, it IS too bad.

I hate Autos, and I'm not likely to ever change my mind. They add an element of wear and a possible massive weak link in drivetrains. They may make crawling smoother, but my 2 feet can do it just as well ;)

Cheers

Dave

Cruiser99

cruiser guy said:
There are 100 series with turbo-diesels and manual trannies as close as Central America. One of the families at the school here in Guatemala has a turbo-diesel 100 series.

Hey Charles,

How good do you thing these Guatemala mechanics in planting a manual in my trucK,

Doron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3