Do these new shoes make me look fat...

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Just wanted to post up I got some new shoes for the ride. So far little noise, nice and smooth on highway, will test the rest this weekend.

Before...
Expeditionpics186.jpg

After...
100_0396.jpg

I'm also toying with the idea of replacing the fender flares, what are your thoughts, off or on?

By the way these are the Tread Wright tires, 265/75/16 load range E. So far they seem of nice quality, a little extra tire balancing weight though. Zero vibration on road speeds. I will continue to report on these tires as they are a great deal if they last a while. By the way it helps te environment with recycling!

gordo

I like the look w/o the flares, but I got the feeling you are going to rub pretty bad when articulated. Not a D2 owner so I could be wrong but they look to be offset and fairly wide. A sazsaw and a set of aftermarket flares may be needed! Gordo

gahill2

Observer
I dig the no flares too....I have been talking about taking mine off for years and just haven't done it yet.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
265/75's will stuff quite nicely in a DII. If you find a bit of rubbing, just get some longer DayStar bumpstops from 4WheelParts. Or just throw on a nice 2" OME lift.

Oh, and I like the look with the flares.

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
FourByLand said:
The new set-up looks great Carl!

No go get it dirty!

:D

Thanks Louis,

What adhesive did you put your flares back on with? If I do go back with them I was just curious what you used.

Tanto

Adventurer
Yes, but in a good way...really.

Those kind of comments never sound as good as they do in your head :eek:

Go4Lo

Explorer
your truck looks good! are those the AB steel wheels or pro comps?

want to sell me your flairs? i would like them for my DII - PM me if you want to sell..

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Be careful to not slice those new tires.. 265/75 w/ Pro-comp wheels will rub in the rear really bad even with a 3" RTE lift. One side of the axle at a time *might* tuck, but if you go over a water bar with a heavy load in the back the springs on both side of the axle will compress simultaneously and you will rub on both sides. Don't ask me how I know. :(

On the inside of the rear fender the sheet metal is rolled under almost 3/4". You can roll this up and gain an additional 3/4" of wheel well width w/o touching the rear door. It worked with my RTE 3" lift, but it may not be enough depending on the lift you are running.

The stock wheel flares also curve under. Just trim off the part that folds under (except for the last little bit for aesthetic reasons) and re-attach.

The other problem of course is that you will get more mud on your truck.

Craig

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
TreadWright

Good job buying some TreadWright retreads :)

I've been evaluating these for a while. I currently have a guy testing a set of TreadWright’s ATD all-terrain treads in LT265/75R16E with Green Diamonds (now “Ultra Grip”) on a Duramax.

Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Your truck looks good with the new tires. I have had Treadwrights on my truck for the last 3+ years and have been extremely happy with both on and off road performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3