Dual battery tray for TJ/LJ

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Is there an issue with running a dual battery setup where the batteries aren't side by side or at least close together?

None at all. I have two different size batteries in two different locations under my hood.

If you have the ability and interest to fabricate some mounts, and relocate a few things underhood, there is plenty of room in a TJ/LJ for a Group 49 and a Group 58 to live in harmony.

Jeep battery solenoid.jpg

If you are looking for a purely bolt in dual battery tray, I cannot offer any good suggestions.

I did purchase the Kilby A/C line from them, but not the whole kit.

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
Oh that's great, I could not find that on their website for some reason...I thought they weren't making them anymore. I think I will likely go this route. Are you completely happy with the tray? Any issues...I will need to re-route A/C right?

I am completely happy with the tray. The fit was perfect and the batteries are held firmly with no movement at all. Yes you do need to re-route the A/C line. The replacement line is included in the kit from Kilby. Odyssey batteries will also fit but it is very tight and it is necessary to move some of the wiring around to make it work, specifically the ECU. I use Optimas but I helped my brother put Odysseys in his jeep. In both cases they are pairs of group 34s. Just be prepared for a longer installation if you want to use Odysseys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat