Durango_60's 07 Rubicon Unlimited Build

durango_60

Explorer
XXXpedition said:
congrats - lookscool
with your name you gotta get a durango4x4 bumper :))))))))))))

I actually know the guy who welds all of the durango4x4 stuff and he is probably going to use my rig to develop his bumpers.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
durango_60 said:
Being a Yota guy I feel like a sinner but I'm going to give the Jeep a try since on paper it is the most ideal solution available in the market for my application.
Does seem like heresy, but I think too many guys take this Toyota thing to point of religion. They're just trucks afterall. Never owned a Jeep, so I'm certainly not qualified to say anything good or bad. I tend to buy a truck about once every 10 or 15 years, so I dunno that anyone cares what my opinion is anyway. It does seem to me that you're going down from an 80 to a Wrangler, even a 4 door. Just seems like it would be a lot smaller, I dunno. Probably be a better truck on harder trails, but I'm constantly amazed at the places people get their 80s and 100s.

XXXpedition

Explorer
I actually know the guy who welds all of the durango4x4 stuff and he is probably going to use my rig to develop his bumpers.

cool. if you happen to run into george (owner) tell him i said hi...
sven

durango_60

Explorer
It's Alive!!!

So I just made my weekly call to check the status of the Heep, oops, bad habit, the Jeep and received word that it is on a rail car headed my way:exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Looks like I'll be spending the evening removing as much desert pinstriping as possible from my 80 so I can get it sold in the next two weeks.

durango_60

Explorer
I strongly considered an FJ, 4Runner, and a Taco. The FJ didn't work due to the cavelike feeling of the backseat, which would be fine with one or two adults in the front but I think it would be cruel to stuff the kids in the back for hours upon hours if they couldn't even see out. The 4runner just added up to a whole lot more money by the time I made it as capable as an out of the box Rubicon. The Taco would probably have been the most logical choice, but it also would have required quite a bit of $$$ to be up to the task for the trails I run. In the end, the most overriding factor probably turned out to be that the top comes off!!! That being said I am leery of quality and durability issues, I've had fewer problems with my Cruisers with 180k+ on the odo than on any other new vehicle I have owned.

durango_60

Explorer
It Has Arrived!!!!!

Just got the call from the dealership, my Rubi rolled off a truck today, it should be prepped and ready for delivery tomorrow!:archaeolo

kcowyo

ExPo Original
durango_60 said:
Just got the call from the dealership, my Rubi rolled off a truck today.........

:jumping:

I can't wait to see this thing rolling through the Maze!

durango_60

Explorer
I took the JK(name pending my 4 year olds final decision) out for it's first trail ride today on a local trail. This thing is absolutely amazing on the trail in stock form! The big challenge comes tomorrow night when I do a trial run packing for a camping trip, let's just say the cargo area is quite a bit smaller than either of my Land Cruisers.

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Love the color but you totally look like a 'Cruiser guy driving a Jeep. Must be a Toyota thing......:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues