DV 2015 Adventures and Mishaps

spikemd

Explorer
We tried to make the most of it. I had plenty of water, so that eased my mind a bit after the initial 'oh ********' moment of trying to figure out what happened. Luckily, we weren't too far into the backcountry.

If you haven't been to Death Valley, I highly recommend visiting in the spring or late fall. The backcountry is the best way to see the park and there are plenty of trails to explore. As I mentioned, it was our 5th trip down there and I can't wait to go again.

I am hoping to put off fixing my head gasket until this summer but I do see some areas of dried coolant accumulation on the block. I won't be taking any serious trips until it is fixed. My concerns when going in will be whether to get the heads worked, what bolts to use and any other parts I want to change while in that deep.

concretejungle

Adventurer
Sorry to ask a dumb question... but what is the U2 thing? Is this relating to the band U2?

I guess i'm not really into them so not sure if this is album art or what.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Thanks for sharing. Going through my gear list JB weld and another water jug on the shopping list. Ha

4x4 hard core friend carrys a bar of soap and a potato on his off road trips. Bar Soap can be used to plug holes in gas tanks, potato can be cut into radiator plugs. Last trip I joined him he had a whole bar of soap plugging up multiple holes in his fuel tank lol.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Sorry to ask a dumb question... but what is the U2 thing? Is this relating to the band U2?

I guess i'm not really into them so not sure if this is album art or what.
The Joshua tree from the 1987 album of the same name stood until 2000. Now it is kind of a shrine for us fans.

08d91b6137bfb821e22312673eaeadf7.jpg

Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater