Eighteen months in the making... here's the book: Building a Teardrop Trailer: Plans and Methods for Crafting an Heirloom Camper

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Just ordered this today for my own Father’s Day gift! Looking forward to the read. Not building a trailer anytime soon, but still interested!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Received and read through once! I like your communication style. Simple, basic, and directionally accurate without going down a bunch of precision rabbit holes! I like how you discuss the ideas that every camper is unique to its builder and has to be planned around the particular appliances and needs of that builder. All in all, I might not have learned a whole lot that wasn’t available elsewhere, but the packaging and presentation add value. Thank you for writing this and putting it on Amazon.

EMR714

I just stumbled upon this thread and though it was an awesome idea! I bought one, but just finished my camper trailer build last year. I’m hoping to learn a thing or two for my next build, whether it’s a teardrop or not. Whenever that is!

Teardropper

I just stumbled upon this thread and though it was an awesome idea! I bought one, but just finished my camper trailer build last year. I’m hoping to learn a thing or two for my next build, whether it’s a teardrop or not. Whenever that is!

Well, holler when you have a question. It's an odd day when I don't have someone –that's in the middle of a build– ask me a question about some aspect of teardrop construction.

(y)

Tony

Teardropper

Another fine three-nighter to the big cedars of northern Idaho.

Pg7OoYH.jpg

wpTgZ2V.jpg

Dik788s.jpg

(y):cool:

Tony

Teardropper

Had to sneak outta the heat for a couple of nights. It worked. The Propex heater was on both mornings and I was wondering why I'd left the long pants at home.

8YXqeQk.jpg

gCQpj8j.jpg

rRHSTyI.jpg

;)

Tony

AlongtheRay

Hi Tony,

Newbie here. By the grace of good fortune I stumbled upon your book here. I promptly ordered it; should arrive in a few days.

I'm currently full-timing in a 13' Scamp and love it. Since it's stock, I'm mulling fortifying it (i.e. lifting it, bigger tires, etc.) or building a camper similar to yours that I could probably go further with than the Scamp.

May as well read your book while I'm sitting on the fence. Any thoughts to share on my predicament?

Thanks and enjoy your Thanksgiving,
Ray

Last edited:

Teardropper

May as well read your book while I'm sitting on the fence. Any thoughts to share on my predicament?

The Scamps have a good reputation. As far as modifying one to make it more off-the-beaten-path friendly, I can't say. I suspect there's a Facebook page that may be a good place to ask that question.

Teardrops aren't for everyone. They make you cook outside and eat outside. But allow you to retire to a cozy cabin. It's still legitimate camping in my thoughts.

We were camped next to a lake in Montana. It was the end of August, and the weather was perfect. Fishing was a bit off but okay. There was a plethora of bird-watching that kept us and the dogs entertained. Eagles, ducks, geese, etc.

A big double-axle Jayco-type camper pulled in fifty yards away. The occupants spent about twenty minutes leveling, and we never saw them again. For at least two days they spent the entire time inside. Cooking, eating, and I assume, watching movies.

We've never had an issue taking our teardrops where we wanted to camp. It's an easy thing to build with that in mind.

LTlwDu4.jpg

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3