Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

cmroy94

Hey eurosonic, when you did the body lift did you have to do anything to the shift linkage and other cables? I have the same Gen 2.5 as you.

cmroy94

I know that it didn't note anything in your post about all the cables but others have told me that you would have to extend all the cables, I don't know if I read this somewhere but it said our trucks didn't have to worry about that? Wasn't sure. Thanks for your help!

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Hey eurosonic, when you did the body lift did you have to do anything to the shift linkage and other cables? I have the same Gen 2.5 as you.

I know that it didn't note anything in your post about all the cables but others have told me that you would have to extend all the cables, I don't know if I read this somewhere but it said our trucks didn't have to worry about that? Wasn't sure. Thanks for your help!

no, you don't need to extend cables or linkage.

cmroy94

I know I'm asking a lot of noobish questions and I apologize but did you have to tweak the transfer case shifter at all? And was there a concern for front cables? Again I appreciate it!

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
there is no tweaking required. Just be careful when you lift the body form the frame when installing the mounts.

DESTRO

Mountain Warrior
I didn't know your rig was an overland-submarine hybrid-like, amphibious personnel carrier type, red october vehicle thingy. very impressive. cool videos.

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Dude, that Barney riley trail looks sick! NIce truck, can't wait to get mine out there.

EDIT: Oh ya, nice E30. I havent had anything beside a european car in so long.

Here is mine.
8265827998_2a7bea37e5_c.jpg

And my M5
10090031244_e53d07b876_c.jpg

Last edited:

Dolomiti

Adventurer
nice e30 and e28!

we got a few too, e30 318i, e23 745i, e24 M635CSi, e28 M535i, e34T M530iT, e36 318is, and e46 325iT.

Dude, that Barney riley trail looks sick! NIce truck, can't wait to get mine out there.

EDIT: Oh ya, nice E30. I havent had anything beside a european car in so long.

Here is mine.
8265827998_2a7bea37e5_c.jpg

And my M5
10090031244_e53d07b876_c.jpg

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Thats funny, guess good taste in cars can go from euro sedans to lifted 4 wheel drives!

@dolomiti I want to see a pick of that m535i. Also, that e30 has an m30 b36 swap from a 635 csi.

@eurosonic Nice Imola blue M3! I think money pit is the correct term for any car that you love that isn't a new car with warranty. There will ALWAYS be something that a car needs that you love. It is truly a never ending project!

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Was too got today intown so went out with my buddy and hit some trails in the mountains where it's much cooler.

4agenehy.jpg

got caught up on this rock.

ady5ubez.jpg

Going through the squeeze
y7a3u4ez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues