Expedition One Rear Bumper

Mako1114

Adventurer
I replaced my OEM rear bumper on my Nissan Titan years ago with a Reunel (now Buckstop) bumper and the back-up sensors worked for a while then eventually all died.

Cheers

Oilbrnr

Any updates? I’m debating on ordering a bumper for my Wisconsin trip, but want to know if the bugs are worked out yet.
Hope that WI trip sometime next year... cause they ain't quick. :) Ordered mine 5/8, so 13 weeks ago. Nada, though early last week or week prior, it was supposed to be in powder coat. Sure took my full amount though up front. I'm still very unclear on the rear camera. Are you just supposed to pop it out of the bezel? Then is there a plug to fill in the hole? What about the wiring? From my research, that harness goes up inside the gate with the power lock wire and then splits. If they include a new harness to go from the rear frame rail over to the camera, OK. It's just been vague.

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
I hope expedition one is watching this and can chime in, seams like they got some negative input on this forum and tried to make it right.

Kingsize24

Y'alls experience seems exactly like mine. Quick to charge the card, yet lethargic on keeping promises or a timeline. The product is built well other than backup sensors and the camera wiring, etc., but customer service is lacking.

chet6.7

Explorer
I emailed the form they sent me to authorize the custom bumper 7/19,on 7/25 I received an email that said the "order was in progress." I emailed them asking for a timeline on 7/26,no reply so far.
It seems to take a week or so to get a reply to an email.
I emailed EXPO1 again today(8/3/18) as I have not received a response to the 7/26/18 email. I will start using the year when discussing the date of emails attempting to contact EXPO1.:(

Last edited:

Oilbrnr

Chet, I'd plan on at least 3 months if not 4. Unless they queue up a couple Rams at once, I really doubt they'd get it out much sooner. I was kinda hoping that my delay was due to them re-engineering the sensor placement and/or camera harness. Which the later, I'm still perplexed as to what I'm going to do.

I came extremely close to getting their front bumper for my Ram. Even though I made the decision to go with the Trail Ready, I was still considering their rear bumper. Glad I found this post.

chet6.7

Explorer
Chet, I'd plan on at least 3 months if not 4. Unless they queue up a couple Rams at once, I really doubt they'd get it out much sooner. I was kinda hoping that my delay was due to them re-engineering the sensor placement and/or camera harness. Which the later, I'm still perplexed as to what I'm going to do.

I ordered a few days before you did,I was thinking the hang up may have been having one built without the shackle mounts.Their website still says "Current availability approx 7-10 weeks. Availability are estimates only and not guaranteed." So far, the only guaranteed action from them is the fast action on charging CC's.
There is an aftermarket cam that plugs into the Ram harness,it works OK.

Explorerinil

Observer
I ordered a few days before you did,I was thinking the hang up may have been having one built without the shackle mounts.Their website still says "Current availability approx 7-10 weeks. Availability are estimates only and not guaranteed." So far, the only guaranteed action from them is the fast action on charging CC's.
There is an aftermarket cam that plugs into the Ram harness,it works OK.
Do you have info on th aftermarket cam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger