F150 trucks

kozmobrown

How about some more pics of your F150 trucks, especially those who have made modifications. Jerry, Scoby41 ? Lets see them.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
my plans inlude re-wiring the rear locker to work in 2wd, install a front eaton E-locker, get a Vi-Air setup, a N-fab prerunner front bumper that i hopefully can get N-fab to modify for a 12,000LB warn TI winch along with building a bed cage for storage and mounting recovery supplies to

Jerry

Adventurer
2002 F-150 7700 Series; stock 8.8 open front, 10.25 posi rear, auto hubs; leveling kit, LT255/85R16 BFG MT's (33x10); Warn Trans4Mer Winch mount and 12,000# winch; Flip-Pac canopy with 2 beds; HF/VHF/UHF Ham gear and AM/SSB CB radio; and all sorts of retrieval gear.

RoostonCrowleyRoad.jpg

THE CROWLEY ROAD, MALHEUR COUNTY, EASTERN OREGON

FieldsStation.jpg

FIELDS STATION NEAR THE ALVORD DESERT AT THE NORTH END OF THE GREAT BASIN IN SOUTHEAST OREGON

37.jpg

L. T. MURRAY WILDLIFE RECREATION AREA ON THE EASTERN SLOPES OF THE CASCADE MOUNTAINS NEAR CLE ELUM, WASHINGTON

Last edited:

Jerry

Adventurer
Nice rig Jerry. How do you like the bolt on winch mount? Have you used it?
I don't think I ever have used that winch, kozmo, other than pulling the pickup up the slight incline of our driveway while winding cable. I don't recall for sure, but I doubt it. :ylsmoke:

emoddriver

Jerry's F-150
My current problem is how to increase gasoline storage. I have talked with the "big" name aftermarket fuel tank manufactures and none of them offer a solution. If anyone has first hand experience at solving this problem I would sure appreciate hearing about it.

I havent had any luck either. I am adding an extra 10 gallons via some Scepter cans mounted to my rear bumper/bed. For me I havent actually run out of gas but there were a couple situations where if I had the extra on hand we would have explored a bit more. Since these things are thirsty having extra on hand is peace of mind. Long term I may look into having a larger tank fabricated or re-route the exhaust to allow tanks on either side but thats lots of money and headache.

-Mark

Ala5ka

VX'er
I found a 50 Gallon tank on CL in my area meant for a boat with an out board engine the guy wanted 100, or you can get 10-20 gallon aluminum tanks for sand rails for like 100 bucks. I went the Jerry can route.

Jerry

Adventurer
It's not as easy as you might think to replace the original tank. I am not up on the technology, but it has something to do with the computer being tied to the fuel tank and the engine shutting down if everything isn't correct. Please don't hold me to specifics, but long story short the aftermarket folks don't want to fight the system.

Jerry cans are fine with me, but I don't want them inside the Flip-Pac canopy stinking up our sleeping quarters. That leaves a swing away bumper, a good one that will hold up and no rattles! Expensive!!! You can mount 2 or 3 gas cans on the swing away or move the spare to the swing away and install a fuel transfer tank underneath. The fuel transfer tank would NOT be connected to the factory tank so as not to disturb the computer.

The only solution I have found so far is to spend big bucks to solve what would seem to be a small problem. Does anyone else have experience with installing larger or auxiliary or transfer tanks???

scoby41

Here's my little guy:
003.jpg

Debating whether to stick with the boggers or buy something else. Also need to get new shocks.... any recommendations? It's currently running worn out Procomp es9000's.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
id ditch the boggers, they're ugly anyways. if you're into that style of tire id look at the procomp X terrains. they're a decent tire and look as mean as they perform.

im a fan of bilstein shocks, id get those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk