Favorite "silly" little detail on your Land Cruiser?

Arktikos

Explorer
FJ80's have Land Cruiser script on the steering wheel as well. )

Ah, right your are. But it's just etched into the wheel with no color change or any other feature to make it stand out. These are better!

Attachments

• fj62 wheel.jpg
    fj62 wheel.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 60 wheel.jpg
    60 wheel.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 15

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Wicked bright LED back up lights. As bright as many headlight low beams. Saved me from many a reverse impact.

The flux capacitor comes in handy too.

jtrnw

For me its a tie between the right hand drive... that everyone asks about, and the shovel mounted on the spare tire... that everyone asks about.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
MY favorite "silly" one is the tuna can dust trap on the bottom of the air cleaner on the 80, and the factory washable air filter. It says that the truck was not built for soccer moms, unless they live in the Sahara.

2nd would be that they used a tractor engine that is screaming at expressway speeds. How soccer moms ever lived with these things, I can't imagine. I guess they felt safe wrapped up in all that steel.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Handles...

Dial...
IMG_6478.JPG

cmbeck

The tool box labeled "pocket" in my troopy, got to be my favorite part. Other than the whole thing!

__ARCADIAN__

Tail gate and seats including the armrests on my 100. Tail gate is precision engineering. I just like the sound and feel when I close it.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Super cool!! Where did you source the flush mount air chuck?

It's not an air chuck, just a 1/4" bulkhead

0443550.jpg

The one on the left has a hand valve behind it, so I just thread on my air coupling by hand whenever I need to air up

newOBAsystem11.jpg

The one on the right is connected to a solenoid so I can drain the moisture out of the tank at the push of a button.

Couldn't resist adding the Nerf fitting lol

dakar61

My fave thing is that I can engage low range without 4WD. I use it all the time for sneaking through the bush.

Only things I don't like are the shortish wheelbase and how 60s are starting to be forgotten by some major parts/accessories manufacturers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad