First Time Expo Trailer Build!!

2strokeTRush

I think you have a M100 trailer. yes, you do need springs from your pictures. I don't see any wires from the brake back plate, so you may not have electric brakes. Someone on this forum said you can use Suki springs or jeep CJ3?? Yes the bed on this unit is welded to the frame. Your Lunnete Bracket is mounted upside down and the landing leg is missing. Get her blasted and you can prime it.
good luck=brian

Thanks Brian, I figured out the upside down issue wile pondering how in the world the old landing leg works, I have the leg and moving assembly but not the bolts or anything to hold her in there, still kinda unsure how that actually works. I hope the info on the springs is good that would be great! Anyone else care to input?

brian90744

American Trekker
Samr problems

Check out =Bantam T3-C Build by parcours, he's working on the same problems you have. Ask other members who swap out axle & spring if they will sell you the take off spring from M100 or m416. may be cheaper way?? Just FYI=brian

2strokeTRush

Check out =Bantam T3-C Build by parcours, he's working on the same problems you have. Ask other members who swap out axle & spring if they will sell you the take off spring from M100 or m416. may be cheaper way?? Just FYI=brian

Thanks as always Brian. After Christmas I'll get it sandblasted and then we are off!!

2strokeTRush

Welded up and bolted in my cross bars the Roof Top Tent will sit on, This can also be used for carrying kayaks and doubles as perfect mounting positions for high-lift, shovel, Axe, Maxtrax, pretty much anything that will bolt onto the bars. This week I'm fixing the tailgate latches, and welding some more, then hopefully getting her sandblasted then paint and Herculined! Again sorry about the pictures they are from my iPhone, not sure how or if its possible to make them show up any bigger. After its painted and lined my plans are to add new leaf springs, flip the lunette right side up and get the old stand functioning ( Need advice on how to mount and connect the bracket and support leg to the trailer ) new rims and tires to match the tacoma, rewire and add a tongue box. Then I can start accessorizing :wings:

IMG_1176.jpg IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

2strokeTRush

HUGE weekend for me,Welded up some flat-stock to the tailgate on each side where the owner had cut out the gate and left 2inches of gap on both sides, this actually worked alright and went well as it almost looks like some bracing from the factory. THEN I ended up having off Friday and was able to drop off, pick up the trailer from the sandblaster same day! That was the way to go, they did a amazing job and everything was perfectly prepped for painting. The guys said it had maybe 10 coats of old paint over the years on it and I never would have gotten it off sanding it. Anyway had a buddy of mine let me use his garage for the weekend and we got to work, Since its freaking zero degrees in Baltimore right now the first issue before anything was heating up his garage, with 5 space heaters, and in " True Baltimore Fashion" we used 3 Crab Steamer Boilers to get the temp up to 65 degrees. Still not great but it wasn't going to get any better then that. From there we used filler primer to fill pitts from glass blasting, and then regular ole Gloss White Rustoleum to match my Tacoma.

Glass Blasted:

IMG_1197.jpg

After 2days of painting and warming back up the place the white was setting in nicely and we began to beeline the rest. I Opted for Herculiner as I couldn't justify another 300$ for Linex even though I love my truck bed Linex'd. We did the bed, tongue, underside bed and frame, top rails, and the rails for the RTT. First time painting with a gun, and working with bedliner and even though we made a mess, I like to think it turned out alright! The front got a little messy, but will be covered by a tounge box anyway. Ran new lights and wire harness as well. Also used some basic cable to allow the tail gate to function like a real tailgate and not just fall right down. Still need to flip the Lunette and install the factory support leg and take off the aftermarket trailer jack.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

May not be as nice as some other builds on here, or nearly as professional, But it certainly has come along way from the day I picked it up:

IMG_1029.jpg

2strokeTRush

Really wanted to get some guys feedback here, I hope this thread is still visible to everyone else! Anyway got the lunette flipped the right way up, reinstalled the stabilizer leg that I was given with the trailer, but I think I'm going to change it to a m416 type. Got the tailgate latches install very clean and work great, also mounted the h-lift to the side one night after work using the side Led's from the Tacoma. Next up is springs, shocks, RTT and rims and tires!

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
It's all about how it works for YOU!

Plus now you have the satisfaction of building something that you (through hard work) have some skin in.
Great job...looking forward to some pictures in the wild if this damn winter ever let's go....:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC