Fj 40 build up (Cage and springs)

burl40

Supporting Sponsor
Well I finally started the cage build that I have had planned for the past way too long.Here are some pics of the original hoop and the new tubes...Also to come are FJ55 rear springs and johnny joint rear hangers.Hoping for 100 inch wheelbase but I think realistically more like 98 inches.More pics to come as I get more done!:12_4_18:

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
Looks really good Scotty, monkey needs a cage, I'm such a good friend.:friday:

Last edited:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Lookin good! Exactly were are those 55 springs coming from and does Martyn know about it yet;) Will the 55 springs allow you to push the rear axle back further to get your 98"? If so are you going to sculpt the rear arches?

burl40

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks all for the props..I worked on it tonight and got the rear all tacked together and a couple bolts just to hold it in till tomorrow.

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
burl40 said:
Thats right I can push a broom like no ones business.......:REOutIceFishing:
Good thing WyoTech spent most of our money making us skilled, uncertified broom technicians. A.B.R.A. not A.T.R.A.

gillti

Adventurer
Andrew Walcker said:
What up Cuz! Watch out that Scotty doesn't get a torch too near your 40 tomorrow:Wow1:

Yeah, No kidding. However, I wouldn't mind it if his cage found it's way onto my rig! tjg:smileeek:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Where did you get the actual steel bits from or did you bend them up yourself? Looks great. I did a metal tech cage last summer that was a blast... It is a great feeling putting a cage in a 40 for some reason :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater