Flatbed and composite panel build on Dodge 2500

Healeyjet

Explorer
That looks great.

What are the interior dimensions you will be working with? Do you have to rip the panels to width (which becomes height) or do you simply order them a custom size?

Ward

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Looks great! That shop space is amazing too!

I love my cave!

Interior dimensions are (interior) 81" Wide, 8'6" Floor length plus rear is kicked out another 18" for a total front to back wall length of 10'6", back wall to the nose of the camper is just over 16', room for a queen bed up top. Panels are generally made close to size, all finished dimensions are cut.

Cheers,
Mark.

Jeep

Minor progress, all the rest of the panels are cut, got the rear lower on, all vertical walls are going on next, and I will install all of the tall cabinets and the wet bath walls, then the roof will go on last. Much easier than trying to put big cabinets through a small door, much more structural integrity can be incorporated.

Image 1.jpg

Seitz/Dometic windows arrived, good quality and reasonably priced, I really like the built in blind and fly screen. Heki sky lights will cover the roof, 1 large skylight in the overhead which will double as an escape hatch, and 2 mini skylights, one in the eating area and one in the bathroom.

Image.jpg

Piranha

Observer
Mark.

We have a Ram 3500 long box and have been considering some truck camper options. It might be to early to talk availability and pricing at this point? We do have interest!

Don in Calgary.

Jeep

Hey Don, you are close enough to come have a look under construction, might give you some good ideas.

Jeep

A couple of vertical walls up, started working on the cabinet layout in the real world compared to the CAD layout and it looks good. Going to do a full CAD model of the cabinetry and CNC router cut the whole deal, at least that's the goal. There might be a few saw cut pieces on this one!

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Image 4.jpg

Image 5.jpg

Jeep

Yeah it's a little on the bright side. All cabinets are going to be darker wood, and Crane Composites makes a really nice class C fire rated interior composite wall panel that comes in really nice colour and texture combinations which will really richen the interior. Is richen a word?? Found some really cool hemp canvas with Tommy Bahama prints, I thing the fabric will be leaning that way, I like it, hemp is super durable, looks great and has some "fun" factor to it. I was initially going to do aluminum powder coated cabinet shells with wood doors but I just like wood cabinets.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Yeah it's a little on the bright side. All cabinets are going to be darker wood, and Crane Composites makes a really nice class C fire rated interior composite wall panel that comes in really nice colour and texture combinations which will really richen the interior. Is richen a word?? Found some really cool hemp canvas with Tommy Bahama prints, I thing the fabric will be leaning that way, I like it, hemp is super durable, looks great and has some "fun" factor to it. I was initially going to do aluminum powder coated cabinet shells with wood doors but I just like wood cabinets.

Hemp is cool until you cross an international border.

Jeep

Processed hemp? Never thought of that, I will have to check it out. The fabric blows a lot of other fabrics away, and has a good "feel" to it.

Healeyjet

Explorer
I did some quick reading this morning and processed hemp does not set off drug dogs and I would challenge any border guard to pick out hemp fabric. Complain about a Tommy Bahama print maybe but not hemp! :sombrero:
Ward

Jeep

Where's your sense of fashion! Ya gotta see it to believe it, was really cool stuff. I looked into it a little too, the fabric is coming out of the USA and no issues shipping into Canada or Mexico, HOWEVER last time I crossed the border I got a bottle of California red wine seized at the border going INTO the USA, now the agent did have the old nose indicative of an above average consumption rate so I'm not sure if the seizure was legal or personal!

Bernie

Enrich is the word you're looking for. There I've done my good deed for the day :elkgrin: On a more serious note I have an older camper that needs a new window or two. Did you order the Seitz direct or is there, (are you) the Canuckian supplier?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater