Flatbed vs. Service Truck Bed Jeep Gladiator

lkosh

Anyone have a flatbed or service truck bed on your Gladiator? I have a Rubicon Eco-diesel and have been debating either purchasing one of these or building my own. I've seen a few name brand flatbeds, but haven't seen too many options out there currently. I haven't seen any service truck beds on Gladiators.

If I build my own, thinking it'd need to be aluminum to help save some weight. Anyone have experience with this? What do people use for the aluminum deck plating on a flatbed? Thinking I could easily carry my motorcycle/dirt bike on the flatbed, build a canopy to carry things when needed in an enclosed space and then also have a super light weight home built camper that goes on top (all at different times of course). Or a service truck bed would solve some of the issue with locking things up and I'd still be able to carry my motorcycle or a small home built camper in the bed.

dstefan

Look up Down to Mob on Youtube. Kinda of a nut, but has a very unique flatbed Bison build on a gladiator.

Superduty

Adventurer
I assisted with a Gladiator design/ build using a Mits Alloy bed and canopy. It came out really nice, but not cheap. The Jeep is a Mojave edition.
b6f5d01ea1ebbba2d24b36120f335d1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

billiebob

The advantage of a service body is a lower floor, raised wheel well boxes and more flexibility with storage behind the axle. The advantage of a flatbed is a flatbed.

Superduty

Adventurer
We just modified a Mits bed for a friend, had to create some clearance for the 40s!

311241153_5922538174432028_1485967388213026565_n.jpg
Nice. We are sticking with 35s, so we should be ok for clearance.

How did you create the extra clearance

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
It came out very clean looking.

What did you do for suspension?

Did you do a rear bumper? Pics

Thanks!

Here's a video of his Jeep, we didn't do any suspension work to it. We didn't make a rear bumper, just the new receiver hitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal