Flexible panel choices

flydream

I fully appreciate the disadvantages of flexible panels, yet that is my favored option for mounting to the top of my truck pop top camper for weight and clearance concerns.

The three options I've identified based on size available;

1. 2 x Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Black Division Lightweight Monocrystalline Solar Panel, $135
2. 2 x Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel $145
3. 2 x Overlander™ 130 Watt ETFE Semi-Flexible Solar Panel https://www.overlandsolar.com/colle...ander-130-watt-etfe-semi-flexible-solar-panel $377

Renogy has the advantage of a good warranty (Performance Warranty: 5 year 95% output warranty 10 year 90% output warranty 25 year 80% output warranty).

The Overlander panels tout their usage of Sunpower Maxeon Generation III cells, but are more than double the price, and although an extra 60W would be nice, they do not have any warranty.

Any thoughts?

highwest

BougeRV? No affiliation or experience, but they’re giving a lot of it away to various YouTubers.

ConcordCarlos1

I’m running two of the 100w Renogy black division panels. Only been up for two months, but will have a better opinion after a trip to Baja latter this year.

flydream

Thanks all for weighing in.

I'm not seeing much of advantage to the more expensive panels, sounds like the Renogy Black will be my choice.

And thanks for the other suggestions, the Renogy panels just happen to fit my needed dimensions really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy