For Sale - 1997 Mitsubishi Canter 4X4 - $35K CAD ($25K USD)

Dragorandir

FOR SALE

Reduced Price $35,000 CAD ($25,000 USD)

Please read all the information before asking questions, I tried including as much details as possible to save your time and mine.

Thank you for your consideration and hope to find a good person to sell the truck to.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I received so many questions about a toilet, shower, sleeping for 3 or 4, pass-through, gas mileage... This is the short wheelbase model, not the big truck you typically see selling for 150,000$+ with all the fancy RV commodities. The camper is about the same size as a sprinter van interior, so yes you could have a similar configuration if you wish. In the current configuration, no toilet, shower, sleeps 2, no pass-through... The list of equipment is listed below and the pictures on the Google Link shows the layout.
Gas mileage, that one gets me laughing every time. This is not a Prius, it's an Overlander truck, shaped like a brick, mounted on massive tires, carrying 200 liters of fuel and 200 liters of water, plus all your gear and toys. Still, accounting for all of that, the fact that this is a pop-top roof (a bit less wind resistance than the high-top rigid campers), in normal conditions on the highway, you can get 14-16liters/100km (14-16MPG). But again, it's all about the terrain, the wind, your driving habits...

The truck is adventure ready as is, no fluff, all tough!

Disclaimer, the pop-top canvas will need replacing; it is quite old.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Expedition Truck

1997 Mitsubishi Canter 4X4 short wheelbase
3 Seats, Sleep 2 (double dinette style bed)
Odometer: 87000 km.
The engine is a 4.5L 4Cyl Diesel.
5 speed manual transmission
Registered in Canada. Registered and insured as a Motor Home (Recreational Vehicle) in Ontario.
Right Hand Drive (RHD)
3rd Canadian owner

The truck is currently located in Joliette, Québec (close to Montréal, Canada).

IMG_20200917_084804 (2) (568x426).jpg

Link to my Google Drive for more pictures.

Expedition Truck
This truck is meant for the backcountry. If you want to get away from the crowded campgrounds and get to areas most others can't while maintaining all of the comfort you've grown to love, look no further. This truck is built for long term travel, with a 200L diesel tank, an extra-large water tank, big fridge-freezer, solar, and comfortable living area can keep you out in the backcountry for weeks, it even packs a woodstove! The truck lived in BC for most of its time in Canada, travelled across Canada and visited many National Parks and extremely remote locations along the way.

This type of truck is well known around the world for its great reliability and manoeuvrability. The truck is amazing to drive and very comfortable. Amazingly, the truck fits in a regular parking spot, being the short wheelbase model. The manoeuvrability of this truck is very impressive for its size, such a small turning radius. To add to the manoeuvrability, the ground clearance and high visibility vantage point you get from sitting high up gives you the confidence to approach any trail.

The ventilation in the camper habitat is amazing, with multiple windows on both side and the roof top fan. For the chill night and winter camping, the woodstove is unbeatable, the warmth and ambiance also make spending the rainy evenings inside so much more pleasant. To top it off, there is a diesel heater to keep the habitat at a constant temperature when you’re out enjoying the outdoors for you to return to a warm and cozy base camp.

The interior design is very practical, both to accommodate for the pop top to come down and also for a more roomy feeling. Lots of storage all over the place and if you still think that you need more, there is a large roof rack above the cab.

The main reasons why I bought this truck were because it is simple, no complicated electronic, nothing fancy or flashy, staying low profile (as much as you can with this type of truck), and simply enjoying my time exploring the backcountry. You will see, the more time you will spend living in this truck, the less important all of the fluff becomes and the more you will value your time planning your next adventures and being out exploring.

Specifics:
4.5L NA 4cyl diesel 4D35
5 speed manual transmission
HI/LO 4x4 transfer case
Exhaust brake
New clutch, brakes, fluids
Warn 18,000lbs winch
Custom reinforced off road bumper
Super Single wheels w/ BF Goodrich KO2's
Suspension 4“ lift
New exhaust

Camper:
Electric actuated roof creates ceiling height of 6'4" when up and 4'4" when down (fully accessible when roof is close)
Flame king propane cook top
Unique fridge freezer (low power draw good to - 18°)
Removable table for sleeping quarters
Grizzly cubic mini wood stove
Secondary diesel heater
Fan-Tastic vent fan
Stainless steel sink
200L stainless water tank
300w solar panel
SRNE MPPT solar charge controller w/ Bluetooth
24v to 12v auto step converter for battery charging
2x12v battery for 24v truck system
1x12v battery for 12v camper system

Spare parts:
2 turbo chargers brand new never used – not installed
Air compressor to work with PTO – not installed
Random odds and ends

Truck Dimensions:
Height: with the chimney, is 9'4" tall
Height: Without the chimney 8'8"
Length: 19' overall
Width: 6'3"
Weight: roughly 4,000kg

Last edited:

Dragorandir

More information:
Size
Height: with the chimney, is 9'4" tall
Height: Without the chimney 8'8"
Length: 19' overall
Width: 6'3"
Weight: roughly 4,000kg

Fishenough

Creeper
After looking at shipping costs, Japan to Vancouver, ouch, they've skyrocketed!! This is a good deal!

In a few years, for us, would make an ideal retirement full time base camp adventure vehicle!

Good luck with the sale

Dragorandir

Last chance, 10 more days before the truck gets relocated and upgrades start being added to the truck. The more work that will be carried out on the truck, needless to say, the higher the price will be. If you want to wait and pay someone else do the work for you, great! If you prefer to pay for what you actually want, this is the perfect platform for you, very affordable, easy to re-configured and personalized to your own needs. Two new batteries for the truck and 1 new battery for the camper.

I received so many questions about a toilet, shower, sleeping for 3 or 4, pass-through, gas mileage... This is the short wheel base model, not the big truck you typically see selling for 150,000$+ with all the fancy RV commodities. The camper is about the same size as a sprinter van interior, so yes you could have a similar configuration as many conversion vans out there; they cost 100,000$+. It doesn't look as pretty as all the other trucks on Instagram, but it will get you to all the same places, for less than half the price. Gas mileage, that one gets me laughing every times. This is not a Prius, it's an overlander, shaped like a brick, mounted on massive tires, carrying 200 liters of fuel and 200 liters of water, plus all your gear and toys. Still, accounting for all of that, the fact that this is a pop-top roof (a bit less wind resistance than the rigid campers), in normal conditions on the highway, you can get 14-16liters/100km (14-16MPG). But again, it's all about the terrain, the wind, your driving habits...

The main reasons why I bought this truck was because it is simple, no complicated electronic, nothing fancy or flashy, staying low profile (as much as you can with this type of truck), and simply enjoying my time exploring the backcountry. But apparently it's not enough... I didn't want to go that route, but if that's what it take, we will spend the time and money on the truck to make it look all pretty (not painting it pink). The plan will involve: painting the truck; replacing the canvas (adding screened windows all around); refreshing the interior with new curtains and changing the cabinet look with lighter colors; adding a shower (making good use of the entryway stairs); adding a toilet (under the seat by the door); adding an outside kitchen area; adding more outside storage... All very simple upgrades, none are necessary, mostly cosmetic and practical. Didn't get to work on the truck has planned due to unforeseen circumstances, so the truck is yours to upgrade as you see fit.

If you feel like me and don't need any of the extra, at least until you get familiar with the truck, take the time to evaluate what you really need, and would prefer to do the work yourself and save a lot of money in the process, now is the time.

The truck is adventure ready as is, no fluff, all tough!

IMG_20200917_084804 (2) (568x426).jpg

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Salut Martin

Je t'ai envoyé un message sur Kijiji. Je devrais partir du BC d'ici 5 jours et si possible j'aimerais bien jeter un coup d'oeuil à ton camion. Awesome looking truck, looks like it needs some love but who wants something they can't thinker with ;)

Talk soon,
David

Dragorandir

Back on the market.

Please read all the information before asking questions, I tried including as much details as possible to save your time and mine.

Thank you for your consideration and hope to find a good person to sell the truck to.

Dragorandir

Last week before I store it for the winter. If you are interested, let me know before the end of this week or you'll have to wait until next Spring.
Since I don't have a parking spot for the truck, I have to store it for the winter. It will be looked after, plugged in, run every other week for about an hour on a backcountry road in the forest. I did that last winter and it was perfect. We actually camp twice in the truck last winter while visiting family, so fun! It was like having a bunky in the backyard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online