For Sale: Crappy 1995 Toyota 4Runner

jaxonm

Observer
SOLD! Trading for paint work on one of my other projects!

Once that's done, anyone here interested in a non-expo '73 Datsun 240Z? :wings:

Hey all, in addition to the 82 FJ60 that I'm selling, I also need to get rid of a black 1995 4Runner Limited 4x4 that I have. The body is in decent shape (other than a dent in the tailgate), and it runs, but it could use some love and the interior is shot. The front seats, the dash and the center console look like ***. The back seat could probably just get away with a conditioning, but whatever. If I had the time and inclination I would just strip it and make it an off road car. It does have a newer engine in it, but I am unsure about the milage. The car itself has about 231k on the clock, but the engine is only about a year old. Sorry for being so unclear on this one, this was my dads car before he passed, and Im tasked with getting rid of it (and a few others).

Take a look and let me know what you think... Sorry about the pics with the tent. And if you want to see the interior, let me know.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

So, KBB says that one of these in fair condition (the lowest they go), it should be worth $2900. But I don't think this one is worth that. How does $2k sound?

Let me know, if no one wants it I'm just going to donate it.

PM me with any questions, or feel free to contact me via email jaxonm (at) earthlink (.) net

Last edited:

jaxonm

Observer
Some interior shots... sorry for the crappy quality, had to take them in the dark.

photo 6.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
What, you don't want to spend a grand to ship a $2,000 car? :wings:

If I was in the States right now I'd seriously consider going to get it if you thought it would make it back across the country; I've always loved that body style and I love road trips.

jaxonm

Observer
If it goes the donation route, it will be for the tax write off. If one of you guys are registered 501-c, let me know and I'd be happy to donate it to - your cause. ;)

In the mean time, I'll give it a couple weeks and see if it sells (reg expires then and I don't want to renew it).

@robert, when are you back in the country? Maybe we can work something out?

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
for the sake of being the devils advocate....
when I ran it through KBB at fair I got 1500....
mind you I am in another zip code.... but still.

I picked up my 95 runner with the 3.0 auto and seats just a bit better then yours for 2300 with 175 on the clock but it came with three sets of rims and tires new headgasket, and timing belt.
I bet if you dropped the price 5-700 bucks it would go real fast..... if I was closer I would think about snagging it
either way, more trying to provide info on what these second gens are worth IMHO you could easily make some cash off it vs the write off
either way good luck with sale
http://www.kbb.com/toyota/4runner/1...3710|true|313739|true&pricetype=private-party

jaxonm

Observer
Hey cdthiker. I think the difference is in the options, as this one is pretty well optioned out, albeit not in great shape. It's also got:
Limited
4x4
Sunroof
Alloy Wheels
Tow Package
A/C
Grill Guard
PW
PDL
Cruise
CD/Cassette

So, in all honesty I did include those as options on my KBB search. Take a look here to see my search.

That said, price is very negotiable and am open to offers.

robert

Expedition Leader
It's the options and the fact that the body appears to be in good shape, without any mods, that appeals to me. Most of the ones you come across in SC have been owned by folks who you knew didn't take care of them or they've been modded up. That said, go ahead and take what you can get for it- as much as I appreciate it, I won't be back for probably three months; I'm in Australia right now then headed to China then back to Australia.

I asked my brother if he was interested in going to get it but he wasn't keen on going to get an unknown vehicle from across the country then driving it back as I was- can't imagine why. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven