Ford Bronco Fullsize 1991 from Europe

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
vCwi8U.jpg

We didnt have LUCK:) 7 hours on the boarder and 130 USD for insurance.

I guess that's the polite way of saying "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".

Rustlin'

This is one of my favorite expo builds. Looks like a great adventure, and those mountains are beautiful! The bronco is an iconic vehicle, and youve made it into a great little home away from home. Your build is inspiring, and has given me much to consider, thanks for sharing.

remco

Observer
Impressive!

did you encounter problems beiing so close to Afganistan?

and with the fuel?

Nice trip!

Hi, no problem. we saw only two caravanas with camels and normal village life on other side of the river. People there are very kind friendly and helpful... We dont know how is the situation in afghanistan now but the wakhan walley (on afghan side too) may be ok and safety for turists. we have petrol and gas (propan) too so we dont have problems. we have 230 litres petrol tank. There is possibility to get petrol in some houses and local shops. only 92 octane...

frig84

Observer
Those pictures sum up the whole reason for going through all those late nights and long days of hard work prepping the vehicle. Thanks for sharing. My only question would be, now that you have taken it a long trip, is there anything you would change or do differently?

remco

Observer
Those pictures sum up the whole reason for going through all those late nights and long days of hard work prepping the vehicle. Thanks for sharing. My only question would be, now that you have taken it a long trip, is there anything you would change or do differently?

I think our old bronco is perfect for this trip. Great durabillity and comfort. The dual Fuel system with gas LPG was great choice. Here in central Asia is no problem to get propan and it is cheap too. Maybe there is little problem with weight of all equipment and wooden interier. Our shocks, suspension and steering system are over used. I think our bronco has now 3,2 tons... So much over then stock. Great idea was make the independent heater tebe to roof tent and water tank with heater exchanger for heating the water. Shower has little problems and dont working Well ;-)
Only big problems was with new Fuel tank so we have to welding two times on route.
If we going with children in feature to some road trip maybe take a camper unit on bronco anstead hardtop or buy econoline 4x4 Van. Its maybe future dream...

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
If you were here in the states, I'd tell you to fix the suspension by using springs from an F350 pickup truck. Much heavier duty and they go in with little trouble. All you'd really need are the leaf springs in the back to handle the extra weight. If you happen to find an old F350 pickup that's ready to be junked, see if you can get the leaf springs off the rear axle. Certainly better than add-a-leaf springs.

remco

Observer
Leafs are ok. I have new pair, hand made in one family company. Great durabillity. 6 leafs on each with army wrap... Only rear shocks gone on pamir roads :)

remco

Observer
some new photos from our trip... Turkmenistan - Iran)

iUMrYx.jpg

The most dirty car in white clean marble Asghabad :)

vScCiv.jpg

Persian gulf here we are :)

eJ1oqV.jpg

We can swiming and sunbathing again (in november) yop here is 30 C ...
Our campsite was near the nuclear plant close to city Busehr. We have lot of military visits but it was fun:)

ibPn6T.jpg

One photo for goodbye from this kind zone in Iran..:)

7JzarI.jpg

Night camping in Namak salt lake

H1MeSl.jpg

Morning caffe

8s3kRJ.jpg

we try the cruising on our cruiser :)

T0kSs2.jpg

Yes it was fun!!!

r0djwd.jpg

Camels everywhere

bs1omP.jpg

Driving on the dunes...with our 3 tons truck was great experience :)

VVanXW.jpg

0FXqqg.jpg

On the Iran - Turkey border in mountains was fun too. We slept near the military baracks and in the night there was some decent shoting (smuggler hunting)...graet experience too.

fHbpc6.jpg

Pass in 2300 m over sea level. Chrismas road condition :)

GUBKI2.jpg

frig84

Observer
I think our old bronco is perfect for this trip. Great durabillity and comfort. The dual Fuel system with gas LPG was great choice. Here in central Asia is no problem to get propan and it is cheap too. Maybe there is little problem with weight of all equipment and wooden interier. Our shocks, suspension and steering system are over used. I think our bronco has now 3,2 tons... So much over then stock. Great idea was make the independent heater tebe to roof tent and water tank with heater exchanger for heating the water. Shower has little problems and dont working Well ;-)
Only big problems was with new Fuel tank so we have to welding two times on route.
If we going with children in feature to some road trip maybe take a camper unit on bronco anstead hardtop or buy econoline 4x4 Van. Its maybe future dream...
I would have to agree with you. It appears you thought out your setup and have been rewarded with a great vehicle. I have an 1988 full size Bronco and this thread is helping me with some ideas. As far as future plans for bringing along children, you could always tow a teardrop sized little camper. Wishing you all the best in your travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk