Forest Service Road Adventure Mobile

Runt

Adventurer
Hey Riccasey,

Wow that's a lot of roads! I have found a trailer is the only way to go when I have to travel beyond my Tundra`s carrying capacity. Unfortunately there is nothing that I know of that can carry a Camper and has even half the range you are looking at doing. CBI has some custom jobs they have done on Fords some where on there site. They have made almost every kind of bumper....best to call and talk to Nathan.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Thanks man....that was on my way back from picking up our Turtleback Trailer :) So glad I went with a full size this time.

This is the set up I see being the best family rig as the kids get old enough to sleep in their own tent. Add the fast set up slide out kitchen gear on the trailer and it just makes sense. Pretty sure when we replace the Subaru I'll be doing a very hard sell to the wife on a 4dr pickup. Though she informed me during a trip in our Sequoia the next vehicle will have a passenger side lumbar adjustment which means if we do go pickup our choice could be limited to super fancy or the one under dog being loaded full of interior content to attract buyers. Nothing worse than the wife complaining about her seat during a road trip.

Camelfilter

Explorer
This is the set up I see being the best family rig as the kids get old enough to sleep in their own tent. Add the fast set up slide out kitchen gear on the trailer and it just makes sense. Pretty sure when we replace the Subaru I'll be doing a very hard sell to the wife on a 4dr pickup. Though she informed me during a trip in our Sequoia the next vehicle will have a passenger side lumbar adjustment which means if we do go pickup our choice could be limited to super fancy or the one under dog being loaded full of interior content to attract buyers. Nothing worse than the wife complaining about her seat during a road trip.

Unless it's a bench....

It might be possible to find a less expensive rig, then swap in a "comfy chair" from a higher end model just for her. It'd likely also be "easier" to find a used passenger seat in good condition vs a replacement drivers side.

Also-if you end up buying a rig: heated seats! My Titan has them, and I use them a lot. Those seats are super comfy, add in the heated lumbar & I can literally drive all day long. Not sure about other makes, but if my truck didn't come with the heated option factory, I could upgrade them myself as a project (either just the heat inserts, or a seat swap).

Jonnyo

Observer
Such a nice truck camper combo!

Question; how tall is the camper from side rail to the roof when roof is down??

grogie

Like to Camp
Runt, I might have missed this in this thread, but could you please list the setup or options that you have with your Phoenix, including what changes you made from the first to the current camper?

Thanks

Runt

Adventurer
Such a nice truck camper combo!

Question; how tall is the camper from side rail to the roof when roof is down??

Its 17" .... a bit deeper then the usual due to extra insulation added in walls and in cab over plus I wanted the under bed storage deep enough to accommodate storage bins etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater