FOUND WHAT I NEED Broken/damaged Flip Pac (Seriously!)

AdventureAnne

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but super psyched on all the awesome builds and info!

Anyway, I'm looking for a LONG BED Flip Pac and don't mind if the tent is damaged, torn, etc. Don't care if the torsion bar is in place, broken, or missing. Basically I'm looking for a Flip Pac platform with good condition fiberglass, hinges, windows to use as a platform for a custom build. I'm hoping to pick up a damaged one for cheaper than the functional ones currently on the market...

So if you know anyone trying to get rid of a damaged flip pac please send the info my way.

Thanks!

AdventureAnne

Ok, not quite the same thing.....but, a guy in Washington state has a full size LB Wildernest for sale, $800 and in good shape.

Could be something to consider if yuca the find a cheap flippancy?

On CL for SE Washington

Thanks gbail, I'll check it out! Cheap flippancy is what I am after. I have a pretty good idea for building my own, but I'd save myself a ton of work if I can find a used flip shell.

skgjco

I've got a new to me used flip pac with a broken torsion bar. I don't know anything about it but the fiberglass shell looks pretty good. It was on the T100 that I bought. (So Sorry, not long bed). Would love to keep it but don't think I want to do my own torsion bar/delete modification.
I'm in Western Colorado if anyone wants to make an offer on this one.
Thanks!

AdventureAnne

I've got a new to me used flip pac with a broken torsion bar. I don't know anything about it but the fiberglass shell looks pretty good. It was on the T100 that I bought. (So Sorry, not long bed). Would love to keep it but don't think I want to do my own torsion bar/delete modification.
Thanks!

What is the bed length and width on the T100? It looks like it's around 74" x 61" based on a quick internet search. Can you confirm? Long v short bed gets a little irrelevant across different makes and models; 8' used to be standard for long bed and now it's 6-6.5'... If it's near 74' x 61' it would probably fit my frontier.

If you get the chance PM with the measurements, thanks!

dman93

Adventurer
I have a FlipPac on my XtraCab T100. This is a nominal 6' long, full-size width bed (regular cab T100 is a "long bed", 7.5-8' long. My FlipPac is 75" long from the outside of the front lip on the mounting surface, i.e. the feature that butts up against the front wall of the bed, to the inside of the lower rear window frame that sits over the tailgate. It's 61" wide, again from the outsides of the side lips. It has about 6" overhang on each side, so it will fit a bed narrower than 61" but no wider. By the way, I may be selling it very soon, look for an ad here on ExPo if I do. It has no torsion bar but a functional t-bar delete setup, and is old, but fairly clean and with a dingy but serviceable tent, zippers, work, etc.

AdventureAnne

I have a FlipPac on my XtraCab T100. This is a nominal 6' long, full-size width bed (regular cab T100 is a "long bed", 7.5-8' long. My FlipPac is 75" long from the outside of the front lip on the mounting surface, i.e. the feature that butts up against the front wall of the bed, to the inside of the lower rear window frame that sits over the tailgate. It's 61" wide, again from the outsides of the side lips. It has about 6" overhang on each side, so it will fit a bed narrower than 61" but no wider. By the way, I may be selling it very soon, look for an ad here on ExPo if I do. It has no torsion bar but a functional t-bar delete setup, and is old, but fairly clean and with a dingy but serviceable tent, zippers, work, etc.

Thanks for the info dman93! My truck bed is about the same length but a few inches wider.

Fishing lodge

Is the flip pac still available?

Thanks!

If still available, where on west slope are you? Could you text me at 970-nine48-nine5four3?

THANKS!

dman93

Adventurer
Thanks for the info dman93! My truck bed is about the same length but a few inches wider.
I re-read my post that you commented on, and I must have had brain fade. My FlipPac will fit a WIDER bed, but not one that's narrower than mine. On a wider bed, the vertical fiberglass lips or flanges running front-rear, on each side, will intrude a bit on the bed opening, but it will rest solidly on the tops of the bed rails as the horizontal surface is about 6" wide? Make sense, I can send some photos. And, I will definitely sell the FlipPac, with or without the truck, but I'm in California. PM me for more info or photos.

AdventureAnne

I re-read my post that you commented on, and I must have had brain fade. My FlipPac will fit a WIDER bed, but not one that's narrower than mine. On a wider bed, the vertical fiberglass lips or flanges running front-rear, on each side, will intrude a bit on the bed opening, but it will rest solidly on the tops of the bed rails as the horizontal surface is about 6" wide? Make sense, I can send some photos. And, I will definitely sell the FlipPac, with or without the truck, but I'm in California. PM me for more info or photos.

PM sent, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77