four wheel camper customer service

NYCO

Adventurer
I go back and forth on FWC, AT Flippac, etc. Stan and Martyn have been more than helpful even when just asking questions about purchasing potential used campers (where they would make no money). They've sent pictures, email responses, and encouraged calls to talk to their guys. I think that is pretty good customer service.

bat

Explorer
Yeah, not a great way to introduce yourself, whoever you are.

He was expressing his experience he had with trying to get info about FWC and it was not the best costumer service to him. Stan himself admits things are busy and crazy so maybe he did have a point

Overland Hadley

on a journey
He was expressing his experience he had with trying to get info about FWC and it was not the best costumer service to him. Stan himself admits things are busy and crazy so maybe he did have a point

I apologize for being rude.

I come from a time when everybody introduced themselves and became a part of the group. I was not intending to be rude to a new person. I guess this place has become to large for introductions.

RickNV

Observer
Overland Hadley- I understand and agree with your point - making a first post like I did was not very professonal- I should have approached this differently- emotions and personalities aside, when I'm the "customer" and have a hard time communicating with a company that Im considering spending a lot of money with I have a certain expectation- unfortunatly, I was disapointed- as it turned out it looks like my exchange in this forum pointed out that my experience was an exception and shined positive light on FWC- while its not a scientific sampling of FWC customer service I am happy that others experience with FWC has been positive- however, as a general rule I think that if more often than not someone doesn't respond to my call /email for what ever reason i should be cautious or adjust my expectations- I'm certain that the staff at FWC are decent folks and appreciate their response- as I said before I will take advice from those here who have much more experience than me and visit them at their facility if I decide to go with FWC when the time is right for me- enough said and thanks to everyone who responed to my thread and happy expeditions+camping to all.... cheers

pods8

Explorer
Overland Hadley- I understand and agree with your point - making a first post like I did was not very professonal- I should have approached this differently- emotions and personalities aside, when I'm the "customer" and have a hard time communicating with a company that Im considering spending a lot of money with I have a certain expectation- unfortunatly, I was disapointed- as it turned out it looks like my exchange in this forum pointed out that my experience was an exception and shined positive light on FWC- while its not a scientific sampling of FWC customer service I am happy that others experience with FWC has been positive- however, as a general rule I think that if more often than not someone doesn't respond to my call /email for what ever reason i should be cautious or adjust my expectations- I'm certain that the staff at FWC are decent folks and appreciate their response- as I said before I will take advice from those here who have much more experience than me and visit them at their facility if I decide to go with FWC when the time is right for me- enough said and thanks to everyone who responed to my thread and happy expeditions+camping to all.... cheers

As folks have mentioned FWC is usually good to deal with but they aren't the only kid on the block either. ATC builds the same type of camper in case you weren't aware. You can chat with them as well.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
lol-1.jpg

@ at this thread :rolleyes:

I apologize for being rude.

I come from a time when everybody introduced themselves and became a part of the group. I was not intending to be rude to a new person. I guess this place has become to large for introductions.

x2

bmwrider75

If you are buying a camper on the East Coast, you may want to read and understand, carefully, the very fine print agreement, and the implications it can have for the potential customer. I didn't, and it may cost me the loss of my deposit, but so be it, right will always be right, and wrong will always be wrong. I personally am finished with FWC. The dealer they referred me to, is anything but customer service. Your views aren't totally without merit

I totally agree, jfb. Similar experience re: customer service for me, here out East.

dc

NothingClever

Explorer
I honestly don't know how Stan keeps up with the traffic as he's nearly the single point of entry for 4WC here in the forums and on the phone. I have had nothing but spectactular service from everybody at 4WC to include Tom Hanagan (owner).

Your disappointment seems reasonable but I think your incident is isolated. I think how Stan handled things here is testimony to him and 4WC's customer service.

I also agree with AT that you're only 2 hours away....seems like a good excuse to get out and get over the pass, eh? I drove from Colorado to have a used Fleet installed after 4WC stored it for me for a week for free.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I have called FWC twice and spoke with a very nice female both times. Both times she said she would have Stan call me back.

I've yet to have a return call. I'm not getting down on them, just stating the facts. I'm sure he is very busy, as we all are.

I think FWC is a great product and I've been very impressed with Stan and his productivity on the forums. He seems to make himself very available to the members here and on Wander the west.

I'm pretty sure that is what I'll end up with, but twice with no calls returned?

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Arg! You guys are killing me ! (laughs)

:)

I was out of the office Thursday & Friday this week.

I saw your posting thinking, oh he probably left a message for me on Thursday and didn't get a call back, so he left another message for me on Friday.

I expected to come in today (Saturday) and see a few new phone messages on my in box.

But nothing ?

No new messages hanging there ?

:O

When did you leave the messages ?

If you could shoot me a PM and let me know, (or e-mail me at ... stan@fourwh.com) I would like to find out why I didn't get the messages from the girls up front? If I know your name or phone number I can look through our phone message log books we keep and see when you called?

Thanks for any additional information.

Or if you want to PM me with your phone number I would be glad to give you a shout back and answer any questions you might have.

I want to talk with you guys !

:)

PS: on a different note, if for some reason i'm not here, please feel free to ask for Steve in Sales if you have camper questions, or Terry in Service if you have camper service questions. Both of these guys can help you out as well in the event i'm out of the office or tied up with a customers and you need an answer sooner, rather than later.

Thanks so much.

Stan

I have called FWC twice and spoke with a very nice female both times. Both times she said she would have Stan call me back.

Kilroy

Adventurer
If you are buying a camper on the East Coast, you may want to read and understand, carefully, the very fine print agreement, and the implications it can have for the potential customer. I didn't, and it may cost me the loss of my deposit, but so be it, right will always be right, and wrong will always be wrong. I personally am finished with FWC. The dealer they referred me to, is anything but customer service. Your views aren't totally without merit

I had to look up dealers at the FWC site as I was not familiar with the east coast dealer you are talking about. For a moment I thought you were talking about Go Anywhere with Sean Dempsey in WI. He is a top notch guy who goes the extra distance for all his customers. I can't recommend him highly enough, or FWC. I would certainly contact FWC directly about your issues with the dealer before you give up. Good luck.

DirtyDog

Adventurer
I can tell you from years of experience that Stan is a great guy. However, Stan being under increased pressure internally due to increased sales, larger facility etc is detracting from his ability to do his job effectively. So FWC (without naming any names), step up and support your people. If you are doing great like it sounds like you are, get some support for Stan so he can do his job effectively. The community will accept nothing less :)

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
P.m. sent (Albeit, a rather lengthy one at that) and just for everyone's edification; I did not call back to back. It was a multi week call.

As I said in my original post, I think FWC makes a great product.

IDFYF8

Thanks Terry!!!

I just bought a '88 Keystone and had some build and measurement questions. I called and got Terry in service who took my questions, went to the production line and got me the measurements I requested , and called me back all within 30 minutes.

Aside from exceptional customer service on a 23 year old product, I would also like to make mention the thing looks like it's only 5 years old. It has more rigidy and feel of quality than my brothers three year old Hallmark which he has now put up for sale!

Great product and above par customer service... that's refresing in these times.

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad