Fox Shox Prototypes for the 80 Series

Sloan

Explorer
What are the chances of using these on an FJ60? I know nothing about 80 series shocks but am in need of some new ones.

coax

Adventurer
What are the chances of using these on an FJ60? I know nothing about 80 series shocks but am in need of some new ones.

80 shocks have stem mount top/bottom on the front and stem top/bushing bottom on the rear. Only a guess but I would venture to say that what fox is making will follow these mounting options so its bolt in. I guess we'll know for sure once we see some specs/pics of the new models.

As for the 60, it depends on what mounts you need, lift you have, etc. Chances are there is already a fox option that fits. (Do 60's use bushing/bushing rear and stem/bushing front?)

Last edited:

Richie Rich

I helped install a set of these for a buddy and got a chance to drive his rig around for a bit.

Night and day difference between these and the OMEs that they replaced. Fox pretty much nailed the valving on them right out of the box.

Rwhat

Observer
Any update on these shocks?

BTW, my girlfriend bought me the trasharoo. This bag is huge. I got pictures of her inside the bag with the lid clicked closed.

Last edited:

NGUDE

Observer
the original fox project was canned along with the employee who was originally heading this mission.

fortunately there is someone on mud (cruisercouple) that is trying to keep this project alive. doesn't seem like much will happen until after the new year though.

bjowett

Adventurer
Since Fox bowed out, I'll mention King builds bolt in shocks for the 80 series, drop me a note if you want some.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Raflo also makes 80-series shocks, not sure about for a 4" lift.

http://www.metaltech4x4.com/m-52-radflo-shocks.aspx

http://www.radflo.com/default.htm

If you want a nice high performance shock and can't find an off the shelf bolt in application. Simply make your own shocks mounts or buy new mounts, weld them in and be done with it. Shocks mounts are one of the easiest custom mods you can do. Figuring out what shocks to buy is as easy as flexing up the truck with no shocks in it. Not only is it easy it means you can select from just about any shock you want once you have the right tabs/mounts in place.

sethro80

Adventurer
I have had Fox 2.0 bolt on shocks with compression adjusters on my 80 for over a 1 1/2 years. I have a 5 inch lift. Night and day difference

Sethro

DSC01355.jpg

Last edited:

Torquey

Adventurer
@ sethro

What were you running before? Do you have any info on the fox's? Like a part number.

Thanks

sethro80

Adventurer
I was running OME shocks and they were just ok, moved up to these and a whole new world opened up. So I started selling them. PM me and I will get you pricing.
Thanks
Sethro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3