FREE TO GOOD HOME: Wrangler JK Front Brake Components--Westside Portland, OR

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Several months back, the 2007 XV-JP Wrangler got a TeraFlex Front Big Brake kit. It sort of seemed like something that heavy much could profit from bigger brakes, though I'd not had any problems with the stock setup.

So I have the take-off front rotors, calipers, and stainless brake lines available for someone else's use. There were 20,000 miles on them when they were taken off and stored. No rotor warping or any other issues I know of. Worked fine when removed.

A worthy ExPo member can have this tub-o-parts for free by sending me a Private Message--not by posting up here . . . you can, but it's the timing of the PMs that I'll go by--and agreeing to come get them (near the US26/OR217 intersection) within a couple of days. If more than one person wants the stuff, we'll go in order of the PMs being sent, moving to the next person if the parts don't get picked up in a timely manner.

Due to weight and packaging issues, it doesn't seem practical to ship the stuff even with someone else paying, so let's say local pickup only.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Last Call for Expo'teers. If no one here wants them, we'll move them on to the "alternate" sites. ;)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I have napa gold on mine, I wanted to ask how do you like the teraflex big brakes?
They work well and seem like they haul the Jeep down somewhat better. In truth, I never had issues with the stock brakes, most likely because prudent driving never got me into any situation where they were tested. On paper, though, it seemed like if any Jeep should have bigger brakes, it'd be the 7K-pound XV-JP, and the tests TeraFlex ran certainly claimed a big improvement.

All in all . . . Glad I put them on and they seem to work. No downside except for the expenditure. (Oh, and the fact that the JK appears to sometimes need to be connected to the factory computer or equivalent to get the air bled out of the system. The web has more details on this for anyone who cares.)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
They work well and seem like they haul the Jeep down somewhat better. In truth, I never had issues with the stock brakes, most likely because prudent driving never got me into any situation where they were tested. On paper, though, it seemed like if any Jeep should have bigger brakes, it'd be the 7K-pound XV-JP, and the tests TeraFlex ran certainly claimed a big improvement.

All in all . . . Glad I put them on and they seem to work. No downside except for the expenditure. (Oh, and the fact that the JK appears to sometimes need to be connected to the factory computer or equivalent to get the air bled out of the system. The web has more details on this for anyone who cares.)

Ok, cool. You used the one with full replacement caliper? I am looking at the kit for all four wheels with the relocation brackets. I love good brakes.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have had emergency situations on the road, and better brakes would be a plus. Almost got creamed last week with a guy running a stop sign at a good clip, When we both stopped, he was right at my passenger door. If I had better brakes, I would have stopped sooner. All about safety. Avoiding other morons on the road! But if I had a a setup that go me 15ft faster stops, I would have stopped before he was into me. I don't think theres a chance of a JK tossing you through the windshield unless you kit something. ha ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179